🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
thestray

Double Trouble (1992)

Does anybody else remember The Barbarian Brothers? Two muscle-bound mullet sporting twin brothers who made a handful of films in the late 80's/early 90's? Any one of their films would be ripe for HDTGM, I just happened to watch Double Trouble recently after the memory of it randomly popped into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INlEtRPwWCU

The cop brother is running around in a bare midriff Raider's sweater for the majority of the movie.

Favorite scene: Cop twin is strenuously benchpressing and loudly grunting with each rep as his sexy lady neighbor listens through the wall as if it's the sexiest things she's ever heard.

• Like 3

Does anybody else remember The Barbarian Brothers? Two muscle-bound mullet sporting twin brothers who made a handful of films in the late 80's/early 90's? Any one of their films would be ripe for HDTGM, I just happened to watch Double Trouble recently after the memory of it randomly popped into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INlEtRPwWCU

The cop brother is running around in a bare midriff Raider's sweater for the majority of the movie.

Favorite scene: Cop twin is strenuously benchpressing and loudly grunting with each rep as his sexy lady neighbor listens through the wall as if it's the sexiest things she's ever heard.

I don't remember this one, though I'm sure I must have seen it, but I do specifically remember seeing "Think Big" and ESPECIALLY "The Barbarians", which seemed to be in constant rotation on Showtime in the summer of 1988. Unbeknownst to my parents, I'd recorded it on the same tape as "Harry and the Hendersons". I can't recall much of the movie now, but there were tits. Yes, there were definitely tits...

A delightfully terrible action-comedy starring The Barbarian Twins, Peter and David Paul. One plays a cop, the other a (like, 300-pound) cat burglar.

I watched this with a couple of friends back in the 90s, and it was a blast. Two of us were tossing around commentary suited for a high-falutin' arthouse flick... "such a gripping examination of the duality of man", "his use of the kitchen sink as a litterbox symbolizes the classic male inability to nurture"... all sorts of artsy-fartsy bullshit like that. Our other friend was just groaning, both at the terrible movie and at our affected pomposity.

I'd really like to hear Paul, Jason, and June's take on this movie. I think it'd make for an awesome podcast.

Sign in to follow this