🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 280 — DuALity

You’re getting two Als for the price of one as “Weird Al” Yankovic & Alan Thicke return on today’s Comedy Bean Bag! There will be talk of juke boxicals, what we should expect from the next “Weird Al” album, and Alan debuts his new song parody. Plus, a remarkable game of Riddle Me This you won’t wanna miss!

• Like 2

Oh boy am I excited to listen to this.

• Like 2

This year has already been saturated with my favorite people and then Weird Al and PFT show up. An embarrassment of riches.

• Like 2

I LOVED the episode with ALW and Weird Al last year, so this is awesome! Great episodes recently... well, pretty much constantly! :)

Oh man, holy shitstains! The Diff'rent Strokes theme song singalong was phenomenal! Great show fellas.

I would love to hear PFT sing a parody version of skyfall called skymall

• Like 1

Has anybody else noticed Scott doing the Never Not Funny sign off lately? Jimmy Pardo always signs off with a "see you next time ONNNNNNNNN the podcast." I think Scott did it on the U2 podcast too. Not Scott, but Scott.

• Like 1

Great episode but damn those ads are getting more and more annoying.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ Scott, that Squarespace advert made me want to cancel my subscription! To everything ever

• Like 2

Alan: "well it was colloquially made to be more---"

Scott: "....more black?"

Oh so great.

Proud member of the Weird Al Street Team (unofficial). This basically consists of tweeting at him twelve to fifty times every day with stuff like "How about a Wolf of Wall Street/Frozen mashup? 'Do you want To Get Some Blow, Man?'" or "I slept in your back yard under a tarp last night. Not a song suggestion." It's all gold.

• Like 1

Boy, that was a bad squarespace promo. Holy shit, was that intentional? Did they cut off Scott's mom in traffic or something?

• Like 2

you're hosting style is like a psychological test that no one is administering but you're taking -- fucking genius

• Like 7

"Whatchoo talkin' aboot, Willis?"

-Gordie Coleman on Can'dian Strokes

• Like 1

PFT was on fire today!

Here's where I'd type out I'd something hilarious he said, but everything he said was hilarious.

Holy shit Scott is the worst at reading ads in the business. I love love the show but can I pay for an ad free CBB? They've gotten so god awful.

What's so hard about just reading some shit like everyone else?

I'm sorry for my very abrasive tone but that squarespace ad really got to me.

Other than my hate for the ad read this was a fantastic episode in a year of amazingly funny episodes. I appreciate that it's free and all that and I've been enjoying the free content forever and this year I can feel comfortable saying CBB is at the top of its game.

Scott--good chance you were conflating Joey Bishop and Peter Lawford, among the packers.

• Like 1

Holy shit Scott is the worst at reading ads in the business. I love love the show but can I pay for an ad free CBB? They've gotten so god awful.

What's so hard about just reading some shit like everyone else?

I'm sorry for my very abrasive tone but that squarespace ad really got to me.

Other than my hate for the ad read this was a fantastic episode in a year of amazingly funny episodes. I appreciate that it's free and all that and I've been enjoying the free content forever and this year I can feel comfortable saying CBB is at the top of its game.

wait... people sit through the ads?

that's dumb.

you're dumb.

• Like 4

wait... people sit through the ads?

that's dumb.

you're dumb.

I listen to this show while out running and stopping to skip ads is really inconvenient/ annoying so yeah I "sit" through them.

We Canadians love silly references to Canada. Keep up the great work Alan.

Also am I the only one who loves the insane ad reading?

• Like 6

I tend to skip Scott's and all ad copy readings. I have already listened to the entire episode, but now that I've stopped by the messageboard and read the comments about the Squarespace ad, I re-downloaded the episode and listened to the Squarespace ad at the top of the show and then skipped forward and found what sounds like the ad in question (THAAANK YOU, SQUARESPACE, yes?).

I have no idea what the fuss is about. But now I've listened to the advertising despite my general practice not to and I'm angry at myself. THAAANK YOU, MESSAGEBOARD COMMENTERS. (SARCASM!)

• Like 2