🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 280 — DuALity

By the tone of his voice, I half expected Scott to ask Squarespace for some U2 t-shirts at the beginning of the ad. By the way, I never understand complaints about having to listen to ads. They aren't meant to be the focal point of the show. It's like having a great dinner and then only being able to say "That napkin I had to use really sucked!" afterwards.

• Like 3

Fantastic episode.

Every previous instance of PFT off-mic laughter was BLOWN AWAY by PFT's off-mic reaction to Scott's Bill Murray impression.

• Like 6

Hail Satan! I agree Scott warlock Aukerman! Glad you joined us along with Chip Gardner in worshiping Satan.

Let's also thanks squarespace. THHHHHHHHANK you sqaurespace.

• Like 2

Alan Thicke has become my favorite PFT charac.

Amazing episode. PFT and the Vicar of Yanks have great chemistry.

We Canadians love silly references to Canada. Keep up the great work Alan.

Also am I the only one who loves the insane ad reading?

I'm a fellow Canadian who loves the silly Canada references and I also enjoy the ad readings. The Squarespace one genuinely had me giggling. I'm all about Scott being goofy as hell.

Also, I was super excited to see Weird Alistair and PFT together again on CBB, and this episode didn't disappoint. Alan Thicke's "errrrrrrrr"s and "uhhhhhhhhh"s and whatnot are so goddamn good, I feel like I saw that particular character quirk really start to emerge when I saw the live show in Toronto.

• Like 2

I'm going to have to insist that we hear more of that Bill Murray impression at some point.

"Uh, gotta go, it's in the hole."

I'm going to keep posting this until "Riddle Me This" actually opens with this song, which actually makes sense for the scenario:

• Like 1

This episode was great.

The square space ad was great.

Any other opinion is irrelevant.

• Like 1

The Squarespace ad was brilliant.

Thank you. "Just reading" the ads would make me less apt to sit through them--the fact that they are in the same vein as the COMEDY podcast makes me listen, which is kind of the point of ads, no?

• Like 3

I can't wait for the Superego tour that PFT mentioned! I couldn't find any info about this, as of yet. Has anyone else heard about dates and locations? Maybe this hasn't been officially announced yet.

• Like 1

I would love to hear PFT sing a parody version of skyfall called skymall

you can hear him sing a regular version of skyfall though...

• Like 2

I was lukewarm to Alan Thicke his first few appearances. He was in the odd netherland between too plain and not a straightman. In this one the hook finally set and PFT's innate brilliance shone and through warmed my cold heart. Weird Al is the most absurdly likeable human:, read the comment of his youtube videos: it's a stream of concert goers relating tales of Al staying late after shows being warm and engaging until his tour managers had to drag him away so they didn't miss his next show.

I really enjoy Scott and appreciate all he has done for the show....the Squarespace ad was not brand positive.

I was lukewarm to Alan Thicke his first few appearances. He was in the odd netherland between too plain and not a straightman. In this one the hook finally set and PFT's innate brilliance shone and through warmed my cold heart. Weird Al is the most absurdly likely human:, read the comment of his youtube videos: it's a stream of concert goers relating tales of Al staying late after shows being warm and engaging until his tour managers had to drag him away so they didn't miss his next show.

I really enjoy Scott and appreciate all he has done for the show....the Squarespace ad was not brand positive.

Do yourself a favor and buy the final episode of the CBB LIVE 2013 Tour. Washington DC, 2nd show. Alan Thicke is OFF. THE. RAILS. funny on that episode (presupposing that your mentioning of his first few appearances excludes the Live Tour, that is).

• Like 2

Fantastic episode.

Every previous instance of PFT off-mic laughter was BLOWN AWAY by PFT's off-mic reaction to Scott's Bill Murray impression.

You must have missed the August Lindt episode of the Andy Daly podcast. Hint: it involves the pope and the N-Word.

Do yourself a favor and buy the final episode of the CBB LIVE 2013 Tour. Washington DC, 2nd show. Alan Thicke is OFF. THE. RAILS. funny on that episode (presupposing that your mentioning of his first few appearances excludes the Live Tour, that is).

I saw him do it live in Toronto. It was PFT, so it was still solid, but he seemed to be feeling it out and trying to find how to play off others with him. I suspect it's just a matter of the one small area of my tastes that don't line up with PFT's. Given how consistently he's delighted me in CBB, his own podcast, Superego, Dead Authors, and James bonding ect... he's still massively in the black.

And I will absolutely be at those Canadian Superego shows.

I'm going to keep posting this until "Riddle Me This" actually opens with this song, which actually makes sense for the scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlfr7wsqcM

hmm I think now that it has been used multiple times, the current theme is better just because Scott came so close to picking the correct theme but missed it by THAT much. And it's just funnier to me if people notice it and call him out on it.

You must have missed the August Lindt episode of the Andy Daly podcast. Hint: it involves the pope and the N-Word.

Oh, I definitely didn't miss it. This one wasn't his biggest reaction, but you could sort of tell that he was trying really hard to stifle a huge outburst.

• Like 1

I saw him do it live in Toronto. It was PFT, so it was still solid, but he seemed to be feeling it out and trying to find how to play off others with him. I suspect it's just a matter of the one small area of my tastes that don't line up with PFT's. Given how consistently he's delighted me in CBB, his own podcast, Superego, Dead Authors, and James bonding ect... he's still massively in the black.

And I will absolutely be at those Canadian Superego shows.

That's why I must insist you check out the DC show. Toronto was fine for PFT's Thicke, but DC was OFF. THE. RAILS. (which is why I wrote it like that)

• Like 1

That's why I must insist you check out the DC show. Toronto was fine for PFT's Thicke, but DC was OFF. THE. RAILS. (which is why I wrote it like that)

Noted, I will check that out.