🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 29 — How Colors Control Your Mind

You're being mind-controlled right now. The CIA and the NSA aren't to blame -- just holding a cool drink can make you decide someone has a "cold" personality. Just hearing words associated with "old people" is enough to make you walk at a slower pace, and even blind people feel more awake when you shine blue light at their face. On today's podcast, Cracked editors Jack O'Brien, Dan O'Brien (no relation) and Robert Brockway discuss all the tiny things that hack our brain every minute of every day.

You'll learn which shade of pink stops violent psychopaths in their tracks and how the color blue can prevent suicide. Throw on your headphones and click play above.

Most video games (the PC strategy games I play anyway) have typically classical scores for the background. Which tend to play on loop.

That being said, I listen to podcasts while playing video games so the first thing I do when I play a game is turn the music off. Then I barely pay attention to the talking all of you guys put so much effort into. Luckily I sussed this one fact out and commented on it before I forgot it!

So two things:

1. I recall that a Freakonimcs episode discussed the "old words make people walk slower" study and basically said that when the recorder of the data was blind as to whether or not people were primed with old words the difference disappeared. It appears to be the result of the bias of the researcher, not the subjects.

2. You call yourself a rap aficionado and discussed "Pop goes the weasel" and yet NO mention of 3rd Bass' classic Pop Goes the Weasel? Shame on you!

Sign in to follow this