🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 7 — Zooropa

Adam Scott Aukerman are back this week to talk all about U2’s eight studio album Zooropa. They’ll discuss the worldwide Zoo TV Tour, Bono’s many alter egos, and U2’s experimental side project Original Soundtracks 1. Plus, they’ll give their impressions on the new U2 single “Invisible” and talk about the films of Judd Apatow in the triumphant return of the “I Love Films” podcast.

I keep pausing these podcasts to go listen to various U2 songs for the first time since the 90s

• Like 1

im soo glad this is an actual thing.. great ep!! judd always saving our asses

• Like 1

I listened to Zooropa for the first time ever in preparation of this episode.

I thought it was great! Sounds like modern indie rock.

The Harry Nilson box set sounds awesome. I used to work for Beyond Our Control in the 80's and we used Remember as the end credits. It always gives me weird feelings. I wonder if his career would have worked out better if he'd come up with a Macphisto character to call Gerald Ford during his shows.

Also was "me and my arrow" about his dick? It sure seems like that. I always thought it was a kids' song. Gross.

I listened to Zooropa for the first time ever in preparation of this episode.

I thought it was great! Sounds like modern indie rock.

I'm not a U2 fan at all but I still feel fond of Zooropa. It's the most listenable they've ever been for me.

Also, what's going on with the Babyface hate? That's one of my favorite U2 songs.

I'm with Scott ( not Scott) that Zooropa has a more interesting sound than ACHTOONG bubuh

MacPhisto holds a real sore spot for me - I almost won a CBB t-shirt that Scott was giving away on Twitter during last season of the TV show, but I answered his trivia question incorrectly with "Mephisto".

Anyhoo, another really fun episode!

You have to pay to see your win/loss record in Words with Friends!? Why do people play that when the vastly superior Scrabble is free?

Wow, Macphisto is some quintessential performance art-grade pain. I have to say I dug Zooropa more than AB, that Cash track is truly quite a thing.

MacPhisto holds a real sore spot for me - I almost won a CBB t-shirt that Scott was giving away on Twitter during last season of the TV show, but I answered his trivia question incorrectly with "Mephisto".

Anyhoo, another really fun episode!

Which shirt? The white one with Scott(not Scott) riding Reggie?

I hope they discuss Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me in the next episode, I want to know how Scott thinks it compares to his favourite song, Batdance!

• Like 1

Which shirt? The white one with Scott(not Scott) riding Reggie?

Yep, he did give-aways during a few episodes where he would ask questions about the previous segment and the first correct answer would win. I answered first, but wasn't exactly right.

• Like 1

Zooropa is unironically my favourite U2 album, followed closely by War. The Wanderer and Lemon are both stone cold, uh, classics. I went through a similar cycle to Scott - only Pop was my Rattle and Hum. I heard Discotheque and saw the nonsense of the K-Mart thing and that was it for me. In another eerie coincidence, there's a youth group tie in for me too. I was in a church youth band (playing sax and keys, oh yeah) and the other guys REALLY got into U2 when Discotheque came out. They changed our name to October and changed every drum beat to With or Without You. Seeing as how I was into Skinny Puppy, I bailed on those losers, and until recently I associated U2 with garbage. I haven't bought an album since Zooropa, but I'm liking Invisible a lot. This is U talkin U2 2 me.

• Like 4

Who is the comedian going to be on next week's show? PFT probably. Right?

For some reason, as soon as he said they would just read Pop lyrics, my mind went to Brian Posehn. Adding PFT to this, they may get through one or two songs on Pop in about 3 hours. I'd still listen.

Sign in to follow this