🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Jotchua

Top picks for guest

I did a search and couldn't find a thread about this, but I'm not the best at searching forums. So, apology up front if this has already been done. I have some people who I'd love to hear as a guest. Post yours here. Either people who have never been on and/or people who you'd like hear on the show again. My list includes:

Harris Wittels

James Adomian

Brian Posehn

Adam Scott (something other than the F&F movies)

Jessica St. Clair

Paul F. Tompkins

What makes this a difficult task goes to the heart of why this podcast is so great in the first place. Paul and Jason both have this combination of loving movies, knowing how movies are made (because they have been in them), a broad knowledge of film itself, and a love for bad movies. June is a very different co-host in her taste and background, but is ready, willing, and eager to go along for the insane ride. Adam Scott, Paul F. Tompkins, the Rifftrax/MST3K crew, Jonah Ray, and others qualify... but they're also all kinda busy. You need this magical elixir of proper chemistry, willingness, and availability.

• Like 3

Do we mean guest or guest host (as in standing in/replacing Paul, Jason or June)? Because if it's the latter, I'm honestly not interested. This show works because of those three, and I'd rather have a longer duration between episodes than try to stuff someone else in there. It's just not the same when one of them is missing.

If we're just talking guests, there used to be a forum for that but for some reason they got rid of all the sub-forums (except for Bad Movie Recs). But I'd love to see any of the MST3K guys/gals on the show. I'd love to see St Clair & Lennon come back, as Pluto Nash is one of my favorite episodes.

• Like 4

I see the mistake I made there. I meant guest, not guest host. I fixed the topic title. Thanks!

• Like 1

Dana Gould

Blaine Kapatch

Two of the best funnymen that should rip a film to pieces...

• Like 1

Howard Kremer - (a Jaws sequel, of course)

Jimmy Pardo - (Less Than Zero [only so I can hear him do his James Spader "who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" impression])

Todd Glass - (a bad movie from Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, or another comedy hero)

Jackie Kashion from the Dork Forrest? She's buddies with Graham Elwood.

Howard Kremer - (a Jaws sequel, of course)

It's too bad they couldn't get him for Jaws 4. But Fogelnest was great on that one. Kremer was great on the Reindeer Games episode, though.

They did Jaws 4? I haven't heard that one yet. I almost forgot that Howard was on the Reindeer Games episode. I'm still kinda mad that I had to watch that movie. But Charlize Theron was worth it.

They did Jaws 4? I haven't heard that one yet. I almost forgot that Howard was on the Reindeer Games episode. I'm still kinda mad that I had to watch that movie. But Charlize Theron was worth it.

Yeah, it's a great episode. I mean, roaring sharks man!

i was going to say norm macdonald, but then it occurred to me there's no way he'd actually bother watching the movie.

bob odenkirk would be fun.

he probably doesn't have time, but to name an obvious pick, louis ck. he might have the same problem as norm, though.

aziz ansari or chris pratt would be great. or the entire parks & rec cast.

i had this fantasy once where they did an episode on dune with david lynch, but i know that's never going to happen.

with the right movie kyle kinane would be fun.

grace helbig could do something fun.

since they did the wrestling movies recently, i think they could do a roddy piper movie, with roddy piper. he'd probably be game. just not they live, since that's a genuine masterpiece.

or the iron sheik. he also wouldn't actually watch the movie, either, but i'd probably still laugh every time he interrupted someone just to yell "i fuck them in ass!" or "pickle dick!" or etc, for no reason.

and i have no idea what they would do or why it would happen practically, but i'd like to see pee-wee herman involved.

yes, all i did here was go thru the people i follow on twitter and named the ones i thought worked best. mostly what i learned it a lot of my favorite comedians are probably too lazy for this.

I'd love to see Matt Chapman (co-creator and voices for Homestar Runner, writer of Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, The Aquabats Supershow) to either discuss an extremely 80's movie (Jaws 3-D, The Garbage Pail Kids, Megaforce) or perhaps the infamously bad movie for tiny kids Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure. I know movies for the tiniest of children doesn't seem like a worthy target but it has such a bizarrely cynical backstory and Matt has a history with shows for young kids (working on the critically acclaimed Yo! Gabba! Gabba!)

As much as I love Rifftrax/MST3K, I am not sure if their type of humor would mesh all that well with HDTGM. Paul, June, and Jason all come from an improv background whereas the MST3K guys seem very precise and methodical in their humor. Although, that being said, I would love to be proven wrong.

Currently, I would love for Brian Posehn to return with Gerry Duggan to discuss X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Based on their history with Deadpool (and Paul's own for that matter), I would be interested to hear their take on this piece of garbage.

• Like 2

Gabe Delahaye!! I'm sure there are some former monsters lurking around on here. His WMOAT features on videogum (RIP) were legendary and had a lot in common with HDTGM.

And speaking of Gabe, any the gang from his old NYC goof troop (Jenny Slate, Joe Mande, Gabe Delahaye, Gabe Liedman, Max Silvestri) would be magnificent guests (as evidenced by Slate and Mande both hitting home runs in their respective eps).

And speaking of Gabe, any the gang from his old NYC goof troop (Jenny Slate, Joe Mande, Gabe Delahaye, Gabe Liedman, Max Silvestri) would be magnificent guests (as evidenced by Slate and Mande both hitting home runs in their respective eps).

Came here to say I think Jenny Slate would be a fantastic guest!

They NEED to get Mike Stoklasa from Red Letter Media. He is perfect for this show.

Aziz Ansari

Harris Wittels

Ben Schwartz

John Mulaney

Lauren Lapkus

Jon Gabrus

Bill Simmons

Bill Burr

Amy Poehler

Louis CK