🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Adam Scott Aukerman continue talkin’ U2 as they dive right into U2’s ninth studio album Pop. They’ll discuss the 1995 single "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from the Batman Forever soundtrack which served as a bridge to Pop, the PopMart Tour which was announced from a New York K-Mart, and Scott goes through his alternate mix of Pop. Plus, they’ll discuss the new U2 album delay and talk about the Batman movies in another edition of “I Love Films.”

Did anyone else hear PFT laughing in the background?

So excited for next week!

Can anyone tell me what the "It's been awhile" phrase is in reference to? It seems to have eclipsed "It's been...", which is kind of a shame.

Thanks!

Is that his hand in the picture? Sitting next to Scott?

Matthew, please reference the post above you.

How does that post help me?

:unsure:

I've got a pretty good song to kickstart the Staind Glass podcast.....

........ I dont have it.

• Like 11

They could play a clip of off-mic PFT laughter at my execution and it would make me smile.

• Like 9

How does that post help me?

:unsure:

There's a certain word in that post (used a couple of times) that would assist you in Googling if you opted to do so, but it turns out you don't even need it!

• Like 1

Since we're talking U2... remember on Saved by the Bell, when they were in the mall, trying to get U2 tickets and Screech kept screwing it up? Well, here's what Jimmy Pardo thinks of Screech on April Richardson's "Go Bayside" podcast....

im glad someone else was reminded of this!!

• Like 1

I really do love this podcast. It's probably 70% nonsense to 30% actual U2 discussion, but the nonsense is wonderful and the U2 discussion is actually very interesting and informative (as well as stupid)! I'm listening to U2 more than ever now and discovering songs of theirs I'd never heard before. And more importantly, I'm laughing a lot.

• Like 3

just to save a trip, earwolf please relay this message to the scotts: i begrudged u2 their vacation almost instantly

• Like 5

Does anyone have/know where to find the Passengers version of One that Adam couldn't find?

I think this is it:

It's Edge and Bono with Eno, which would be The Passengers. I didn't really think this was the greatest version of One.

Good episode though.

I have always liked Pop (and pooping), so to finally get a chance to hear someone talking about both 2 me, was pretty special. I think if not for Miami and Playboy Mansion, Pop would be phenomenal. It's still one of their best IMO.

• Like 1

I genuinely love this podcast and laughed out loud several times during this episode, but OF COURSE this was my single favorite moment.

I have the Batman Forever soundtrack on cassette tape. It's currently in the glovebox of my car.

6wwILXt.gif

alsobatmanforeverismyfavoritemovieofalltimeokaybye

• Like 6