🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

you should watch another movie shannon

i mean, i assume thats the only one you've seen

• Like 3

I agree with the Scotts on the Paul Epworth remix of Ordinary Love.

• Like 1

Agreed, this was by far the best episode of 2 Bros Talkin' Bout 2 yet.

I also like how all the bits from ep 1 are back (calling each other Scott, I Love Films) bc its the first ep since theyve gotten feedback on what The People love. That being said you cant count out the U2 discussion as a great, if not integral, part of the Podcast! You just can't!

• Like 2

That rumor about the Batmobile, and Scott's (not Scott) reaction to it was hiiii-larious.

oh PFT, I'd know that obnoxious, restrained laughter anywhere.... can't wait till the next episode.

although I'm disappointed in Scott 1's lack of Robin Scott knowledge.... I hope he was joking when he said that M put out one disposable song and that's it. he had three great (somewhat dated, but still great) albums: New York London Paris Munich, the Official Secrets Act and Famous Last Words (the latter being my favorite... lots of amazing guests including Barry Adamson of the Bad Seeds, Mark King from Level 42, Tony Levin from King Crimson, Yukihiro Takahashi from Yellow Magic Orchestra, Andy Gill from Gang of Four and THOMAS MOTHER FUCKING DOLBY)

in other words, Scott need to give THIS Scott another chance.

• Like 1

I have the Batman Forever soundtrack on cassette tape. It's currently in the glovebox of my car.

I had a cassette of the single (the casingle, if you will) of "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me", and the b-side was "Theme from Batman Forever" by Elliott Goldenthal. And I would listen to those two tracks repeatedly, I loved them so much. This was a year and a half ago.

This episode of 2 Dudes Talkin' 'Bout 2 is my favorite, because it gave me what I've longed for since I first heard/read about the premise of this podcast: an in-depth discussion of the Joel Schumacher Batman films and their respective soundtracks. So much love for this episode, Scotts. Thank you.

• Like 1

Am I mistaken, or did I hear The Choctaw refer to Antarctica as being "up" - as in North?

I too heard this and immediately begrudged him for saying it. I'm sure I won't be the last.....

• Like 1

Also, I believe Method Man's "The Riddler" was on the B-man forever soundtrack as well. Blasted that jam forever!

I just started listening to this episode, and I was so very excited when I saw ~1hr40min run time. The more U2 they talk 2 me, the better.

• Like 2

This is quickly becoming my favorite podcast, surpassing Comedy Bing Bong

I have spent the last few weekends binging on U2 concert films and reminiscing about my teens. I'm about 10 years younger than the Scotts so I didn't get into U2 until the Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me era.

I'm going to attempt to arrange Scott's remixed Pop album this weekend. Hopefully I've got everything on my Mac!

In case anyone wants Scott Aukerman's Mix -

1. Pop Muzik (Crossfade after 5 Minutes into Mofo)

2. Mofo

3. Do You Feel Loved

4. Discotheque (Hexadecimal Mix) from The Best of 1990-2000

5. Last Night on Earth (Single Version)

6. North and South of the River

7. Staring at the Sun (New Mix) from The Best of 1990-2000

8. Gone (Mike Hedges Mix) from The Best of 1990-2000

9. Please (Single Version)

10. If you Wear That Velvet Dress

11. If God Will Send His Angels (Single Mix)

12. Wake Up Dead Man

I highly recommend using this image posted earlier in the thread as an album cover!

DoRkRKh.jpg

• Like 6

In case anyone wants Scott Aukerman's Mix -

1. Pop Muzik (Crossfade after 5 Minutes into Mofo)

2. Mofo

3. Do You Feel Loved

4. Discotheque (Hexadecimal Mix) from The Best of 1990-2000

5. Last Night on Earth (Single Version)

6. North and South of the River

7. Staring at the Sun (New Mix) from The Best of 1990-2000

8. Gone (Mike Hedges Mix) from The Best of 1990-2000

9. Please (Single Version)

10. If you Wear That Velvet Dress

11. If God Will Send His Angels (Single Mix)

12. Wake Up Dead Man

I highly recommend using this image posted earlier in the thread as an album cover!

DoRkRKh.jpg

And here's a playlist for anyone interested in hearing it:

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Hot+Saucerman+s+Pop/97157586

• Like 4

Idea for a title if Adam Scott Aukerman decide to do a HAIM podcast: Hey I'm Talkin Haim To Him.

Subtitle - Two Bros Talkin' Three Sis

• Like 1

Yeah I've got it.

I don't have it

Logged in to hit like.

• Like 3

Subtitle - Two Bros Talkin' Three Sis

call it "Haim Wits." Do the whole thing in Kiss makeup. On the last second of the last episode, casually mention Gene Simmons' real name.

• Like 1

I too heard this and immediately begrudged him for saying it. I'm sure I won't be the last.....

He had other things to do in school! He was busy studying his craft!

I'm sure it was just a brain fart, though.

I had been fearing this moment for the whole run of the podcast... I'm actually pretty pro Pop (the first half only), and "Do You Feel Loved" is in my Top 10 list.

Glad to hear both scotts were on board.

The impact of this podcast on my feelings about U2 has been pretty amazing. I, like Scott and Scott, was a fan in my youth (the All That You Can't Leave Behind era, which led me to go back into their back catalogue), but in recent years I had been so turned off by the bloated ego-centric behavior of the group and had written them off totally.

But I'll be damned if re-listening to these albums hasn't made me enjoy a lot of the older material again. So much so, that I just ordered From the Sky Down after hearing Scott and Scott talk so much about it.

I now sort of feel like U2 are kind of their own worst enemy because they manage to outshine SOME genuinely good songs ('Elvis Ate America' - I'm NOT talking to you) with bullshit grandiosity like MacPhisto, PopMart and 'Get on Your Boots'.

I do give them credit - they're not afraid to go big. That leads to some genuinely interesting stuff (like Zooropa and War), and some downright garbage (Pop, No Line).

I'm babbling now. I guess I'm just trying to thank Scott and Scott for helping me remember that U2 created some genuinely interesting and important music (along with a helping of true crap as well).

An-Update-on-Good-Old-Codys-Love-Lifel_zps63865808.gif

Also on my Tumblr here.

I'm so bummed I can only like this once, that I'm going to quote it and then like my own post, just because I love it so much.

• Like 3

So it's been awhile and therefore Staind Glass should be dropping any day now. Make this happen please

So it's been awhile and therefore Staind Glass should be dropping any day now. Make this happen please

Agreed, Staind Glass needs to happen.

One thing I'm surprised they didn't cover in this episode is the "Mission Impossible" theme song. It was redone by the boys from Dublin in 1996, specifically Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.

This would have been a goldmine, especially since the movie is all about Tom Cruise being a big boy. It would have made for a really great episode of "I Love Films."