🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RPete2088

Pacific Rim

After watching this gem, I immediately had to submit it for a possible HDTGM movie. I don't even have the words to describe it right now I'm still so befuddled. I can just imagine what the gang would say about this film.

• Like 1

I can just imagine what the gang would say about this film.

I imagine it would go something like "This movie is awesome and we're not going to do an episode about it."

• Like 8

I don't know, I think that it could be done like the Fast & Furious movies. I don't know why, but I think that any movie with huge amounts of faceless civilian casualties (often as a direct result of the good guys as well as the bad) should be game for this podcast.

• Like 1

My buddies all loved this one, but I was bored to death the whole way through. It's a very flat script, that is acted flatly. If you aren't dazzled by CGI spectacle, there's nothing to pull you in.

I don't think it's a very good candidate for the HDTGM treatment. It's not a movie that is having fun with itself the way the more recent Fast and Furious movies are. There's monsters. There's robots. They fight. Ron Pearlman is there. The end.

My buddies all loved this one, but I was bored to death the whole way through. It's a very flat script, that is acted flatly. If you aren't dazzled by CGI spectacle, there's nothing to pull you in.

I don't think it's a very good candidate for the HDTGM treatment. It's not a movie that is having fun with itself the way the more recent Fast and Furious movies are. There's monsters. There's robots. They fight. Ron Pearlman is there. The end.

I was pretty bored by this one too. I did like that it wasn't really an origin story, like we get a rundown of the war so far, but the story offered no surprises whatsoever and pretty much went exactly where I thought it would. Like you said, great visuals, not much else, but even then, holy shit, did EVERY fight have to take place at night or in the water?

• Like 1

This movie features giant robots fighting monsters, thus its existence would only be questioned by a mad man.

I SAID GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING MONSTERS!

• Like 8

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you, did you say giant robots fighting monsters??

• Like 2

bullhorn.jpg

GIANT

ROBOTS

FIGHTING

MONSTERS!

Well when you say it like that I don't need anymore information to enjoy this moving picture presentation.

Yeah, but Atlantic Rim also has giant robots fighting monsters.

Yeah, but Atlantic Rim also has giant robots fighting monsters.

True, but there's no such place as 'the Atlantic Rim', so I believe that cancels it out.

tumblr_mu7qice6Iz1qc3vhao1_400.gif

[/enddiscussion]

• Like 3

...holy shit, did EVERY fight have to take place at night or in the water?

Silly, everyone knows that monsters only come out at night.

• Like 2

I taped this off HBO and am watching it right now. it's pretty fun but man is it stupid. some of these lines are crazy, like when the one kaiju sends out that EMP and shuts down the one jaeger and they're like "the other jaegers are digital, Gypsy is analog, nuclear!" what the fuck does that mean?? later they say Gypsy is basically a nuclear reactor, generating electricity presumably, wouldn't an EMP be just as effective at shutting them down? also, if Gyspy is the only one that's nuclear what do the other jaegers run on, gasoline? coal?

I taped this off HBO and am watching it right now. it's pretty fun but man is it stupid. some of these lines are crazy, like when the one kaiju sends out that EMP and shuts down the one jaeger and they're like "the other jaegers are digital, Gypsy is analog, nuclear!" what the fuck does that mean?? later they say Gypsy is basically a nuclear reactor, generating electricity presumably, wouldn't an EMP be just as effective at shutting them down? also, if Gyspy is the only one that's nuclear what do the other jaegers run on, gasoline? coal?

Unicorn farts.

• Like 1

This is making me picture a steampunk version of Pacific Rim. I would watch that.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this