🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 282 — Wompster's University

I think Reardon is in for a Wompler-sized rude awakening on the anniversary show next week!

• Like 1

Aw, the Kiss Me I'm Patrick McMahon callback was such a delight.

I agree, but he said "Danny Mahoney"!

I think Reardon is in for a Wompler-sized rude awakening on the anniversary show next week!

That was definitely the impression I got. In the words of Paul Rust "Um, yeah."

The fact that Marissa seems to be a teenager who only makes 90s references is one of my favorite things about her and I was really tickled that it was brought up

• Like 6

The fact that Marissa seems to be a teenager who only makes 90s references is one of my favorite things about her and I was really tickled that it was brought up

i love that too, i also love when jessica st.clair's new jersey upbringing sometimes leaks into marissa like when she said she was going to rent out six flags great adventure and scott subtly called her out on it.

• Like 1

That was definitely the impression I got. In the words of Paul Rust "Um, yeah."

So, yeah. That happened.

Poor engineer Brett. I know some good lawyers for you if Scott is abusing his position of power for some quick HJs.

• Like 1

Loveline has clearly had a bid effect on Wompler's life.

*See her first appearance for a refresher*

The mental image of various people waking up in the walk-in freezers of various DC-area colleges thanks to being Baracus'd by Listler had me in stitches.

Jessica and Lennon are on @midnight tonight!

Jessica St Clair was on @midnight last night and she threw in a "MovingOn.org" when she said she didn't realize she had a buzzer

• Like 3

Jessica St Clair was on @midnight last night and she threw in a "MovingOn.org" when she said she didn't realize she had a buzzer

Loved that moment. Also discovered--so long they were actually on screen I could keep it Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham, but any time one of them talked while the camera was on Chris or something my brain started screaming "WHY ARE WOMPLER AND LISTLER ON @MIDNIGHT?!?"

Also Hubel made enough awkward Dad jokes you could have called him Seth. Priceless.

How am I only just now finding out that Miss Listler isn't played by Tig Notaro!? WAAAAAHT!?

....are you for real? you can't be serious, this is some attempt at a joke right?

i'm sorry, i generally try to be nice on here but that's the dumbest thing i've ever read on here. did mike the janitor drop a gargoyle on your head or something?

Womp it up!

I'm glad to see it's just the two of them. Bringing in everybody from the "Womplerverse" for mega-episodes is fun, but it's good to get back to the basics sometimes. Wompler and Listler are where it's really at.

It was really nice to have a Wompler episode that didn't keep stopping to fill in back story.

I still think there should be a special mini episode to catch people up so that doesn't happen on the next Womp-tacular.

Also, I saved this for two days because I knew I would love it, and it did not disappoint.

It was really nice to have a Wompler episode that didn't keep stopping to fill in back story.

I still think there should be a special mini episode to catch people up so that doesn't happen on the next Womp-tacular.

I hear ya, and maybe it's just me, but for me, Scott's comprehensive and encyclopedic delineation of a character's background is almost always extremely funny.

....are you for real? you can't be serious, this is some attempt at a joke right?

i'm sorry, i generally try to be nice on here but that's the dumbest thing i've ever read on here. did mike the janitor drop a gargoyle on your head or something?

Wow, shot down on my first post. This is my first Wompler episode since catching up to the most recent podcasts so I never really read the guest-lists on a lot of the back catalogued shows. Miss Listler and Tig Notaro have the exact same voice so if that's the dumbest thing you've ever read on here then kudos to the forum.

p.s. Go bleep yourself!

Wow, shot down on my first post. This is my first Wompler episode since catching up to the most recent podcasts so I never really read the guest-lists on a lot of the back catalogued shows. Miss Listler and Tig Notaro have the exact same voice so if that's the dumbest thing you've ever read on here then kudos to the forum.

p.s. Go bleep yourself!

hahaha, fair enough

I'm sorry, i was being a dick, and on second thought, i've read MUCH dumber stuff here, hell i post dumb shit all the time.

welcome to forums dude!

It's not dumb to think that, it's just a poor assumption to make. Tig is more well-known than Lennon and has a very dead-pan delivery, so I can see why someone would hear a person playing a character with a similar voice on a show that they know Tig has been on before and assume that it is Tig; never realizing that Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham are longtime writing partners with origins at the UCB which is why Listler and Wompler work so well together.

And it's not just about tone of voice either, it's also about style of comedy. In general, Tig doesn't DO characters (other than the Good One Robot and the Little Suitcase Kid, and both of those consist of one to two sentences, tops; listen to Professor Blastoff for the latter). She is a pretty straight-forward stand-up comedian and sometimes actor, not an improvisor. Even when she is on shows, she plays herself. Tig is a huge personality.

I understand your surprise at discovering a low-voiced woman was not the low-voiced woman you thought it was, but it does feel like a huge level of credulity was required for someone to-- having done zero research-- accept an assumption as fact only to then express such disbelief at the revelation that said assumption was completely wrong upon doing the research.

I cannot grasp how someone listening to CBB does not check out who are the guests in order to put names to the comedy being enjoyed. I can't relate.

I'm glad you've discovered Lennon Parham. She is hilarious!

• Like 3

It's not dumb to think that, it's just a poor assumption to make. Tig is more well-known that Lennon and has a very dead-pan delivery, so I can see why someone would hear a person with a voice like that on a show that they know Tig has been on before and assume that it is Tig; never realizing that Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham are longtime writing partners with origins at the UCB which is why Listler and Wompler work so well together.

And it's not just about tone of voice either, it's also about style of comedy. In general, Tig doesn't DO characters (other than the Good One Robot and the Little Suitcase Kid, and both of those consist of one to two sentences, tops; listen to Professor Blastoff for the latter). She is a pretty straight-forward stand-up comedian and sometimes actor, not an improvisor. Even when she is on shows, she plays herself. Tig is a huge personality.

I understand your surprise at discovering a low-voiced woman was not the low-voiced woman you thought it was, but it does feel like a huge level of credulity was required for someone to-- having done zero research-- accept an assumption as fact only to then express such disbelief at the revelation that said assumption was completely wrong upon doing the research.

I cannot grasp how someone listening to CBB does not check out who are the guests in order to put names to the comedy being enjoyed. I can't relate.

I'm glad you've discovered Lennon Parham. She is hilarious!

very well said

In general, Tig doesn't DO characters (other than the Good One Robot and the Little Suitcase Kid

Don't forget the lady who's been married for 40 years.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this