🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 9 — Slowing It Down

Adam Scott Aukerman slow things down by taking a break from discussing U2‘s discography and instead welcome the dapper Paul F. Tompkins to talk about his thoughts and opinions on U2. They also talk about U2 performing “Ordinary Love” at the 2014 Oscars, Adam meeting Bono and his daughters, and some of the many iTunes reviews of the podcast.

Seven minutes in and they are already singing a classic soul song from the 1960's

Holy shit, I think this may be the funniest episode of any podcast. I listened to it on the train and had to pause for like 4 minutes after Scott asked Paul to "drop his drawers to see dat dick or dat cooch".

Just listening to Scott and Scott fuck around is hilarious, I can't even see the cable joke and I still cracked up.

Also they should keep reading reviews each episode.

Wait, has Paul heard of U2?

• Like 7

What an honour to get a name check in this episode as the 'some listener' who thinks Harris and Scott didn't give Scott enough credit for coming up with 'U Talkin Tattoo You To Me?' as the name for a Rolling Stones podcast. Is this what it's like to be famous?

• Like 3

What an honour to get a name check in this episode as the 'some listener' who thinks Harris and Scott didn't give Scott enough credit for coming up with 'U Talkin Tattoo You To Me?' as the name for a Rolling Stones podcast. Is this what it's like to be famous?

First of all, congratz.

• Like 6

This podcast should really be called "Can You Talk U2 Over This For Me While I Look For This?"

• Like 11

First of all, congratz.

Thanks, I don't think it's too soon for me to have changed my Twitter bio to 'Adam Scott's best bro' as a result, right?

• Like 2

Scott reading the lyrics to Stand Up Comedy killed me. Worst lyrics Bono has ever written. And it's still not a bad song!

• Like 1

I swallowed my toothpaste at

"Daddy daddy sing.

Daddy sing louder."

• Like 4

Also I hope that they devote a lot of time to the legendary Weirder Scott Tangelo parody when they get to How to Dismantle.

Hearing Adam call Scott a dickhead with such vitriol...amazing.

Also PFT is great at characters but perhaps even better as himself. Classic.

• Like 6

Best documentary of 1990, Take Back Bring On The Night, in which a hundred women accuse Sting of being a creeper. Very disturbing.

I want to do a mockrockumentary about Pavement in which Stephen Malkmus is an English professor at a tiny Vermont college, and Mark Ibold owns and operates a dozen Arbys franchises in Louisville.

• Like 2

I get the feeling like there was a time in PFT's life where he had heard of U2, but was not overly familiar with their music. Am I off base with that?

Absolutely hilarious. I also loved what amounted to the pilot for Staind Glass (minus Todd Glass).

And I don't know why, but I had a big ol' laugh at Scott saying "Mocking Docu of a Mentary?!"

• Like 2

I would pay 20 dollars a month to hear these three fuck around for 2 hours a week. For real. Please make it happen

• Like 7

This picture looks like they hired a stand in for PFT because he didn't want to be there when Scott and Scott were shooting their lines.

IMG_4681.jpg

• Like 8

This picture looks like they hired a stand in for PFT because he didn't want to be there when Scott and Scott were shooting their lines.

IMG_4681.jpg

I like to think that this photo was taken seconds after Cody's groin got too close to Adam.

• Like 5