🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 9 — Slowing It Down

I didn't realize Shy Kermit The Frog was a fan of Turtle from Entourage.

ha! i was sure pft was doing john c. reilly, but shy kermit is way better

• Like 3

I nearly choked on my coffee from laughing when Scott (Adam) brought up the concept of people walking slowly at 20 mph.

• Like 6

Maybe you guys should start a new segment where you discuss previous episodes. Call it:

U Talkin' "U Talkin' U2 To Me?" To Me?

• Like 3

This ep was absolutely amazing

But saying Three 6 Mafia is form Atlanta and not Memphis is an unforgivable mistake

::shakes fist angrily at Scott!!::

• Like 4

It's hilarious hearing Adam & Scott get contentious with each other

It started last week. Now they've added Engineer Cody's groin into the mix. Gold.

• Like 1

This was easily the funniest episode so far. I can't even pick the best part, because the whole thing was hilarious.

I feel like Adam kind of buried the lede by waiting until 20 minutes in to mention that he met Bono. Probably because he was embarrassed that he didn't think to ask Bono for T-shirts.

• Like 2

Joined the forums to say that I've been listening to "U Talkin' U2 To Me?" since it started, and it has actually reignited my interest in U2. I'm 18 and I used to listen to U2 occasionally, but thanks to this podcast I now have all of their albums and listen to them all the time.

And maybe it's just me, but for me, I think this is the best podcast I've ever heard.

• Like 1

Hilarious episode! Why do I love it when PFT says fuck? He said it several times in this episode and I giggled with delight each time. Maybe it's because his characters don't really swear. Dressed casually, swearing like a sailor...I like when PFT lets his hair down.

• Like 4

U Talkin' U2 To Me has caused me to laugh so hard that I started choking 3 times now. Pretty impressive.

If someone would recreate the Look Who's Talking Too poster with Scott and Adam that would mean a lot to me on a personal/emotional level.

• Like 2

I lost it when PFT started yelling at Scott for constantly rewinding back to when he was 16. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt, which had never happened before with any podcast.

What am I going to do with my life when this podcast is over?!?!

• Like 6

God, this episode was amazing. Simultaneously the most ridiculous and funniest two hours I've heard in (it's been) a while.

I nearly choked on my coffee from laughing when Adam (Scott) brought up the concept of people walking slowly at 20 mph.

That was honestly the funniest thing I've heard all year. I spat cereal everywhere.

• Like 1

Hearing Adam call Scott a dickhead with such vitriol...amazing.

Also PFT is great at characters but perhaps even better as himself. Classic.

Check out the James Bonding episodes he's on where they talk about playing GoldenEye. I always was impressed by his talent but he seems like he'd be a fun hang as well. Great dude.

• Like 3

I lost it when PFT started yelling at Scott for constantly rewinding back to when he was 16. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt, which had never happened before with any podcast. What am I going to do with my life when this podcast is over?!?!

I was audibly losing my mind at my desk when this happened. I had to pause the podcast so I could laugh it all out, wiping tears from my eyes for over a minute. So good.

• Like 2

I finally have enough information about Paul F Tompkins to program an accurate AI of him

• Like 4

What is the Two's Clues music?

"Looking for Clues" by Robert Palmer.

• Like 2

I like to think that Paul and Scott have been saying "That's also truuuuuue" to each other anytime they get a chance for the last 15 years or so. Tenacious D never gets old to me.

• Like 3

Outstandingly hilarious episode. At one point listening to it I remember thinking to myself that I felt high - elated. It feels wrong to single out one particular moment but the moment I realised what Scott's game was as he wheeled the conversation back to PF's U2 sitch as a young man again, before PF jumped on him for it, stands out as a particularly elationary moment.

So much of the humour is such simple silliness but so perfectly modulated it's sublime.

One thing I liked about this episode (aside from the obvious PFT factor) was that, admittedly they did not play much U2 during the episode, but the few times they did it was actually audible. Whereas every previous episode Scotts would say "lets hear some of [whatever]" followed by music too quiet to even form an opinion on. So thanks for that, it made an amazing episode even better.

• Like 1

This episode was just so incredibly funny. PFT's presence always helps a show in that respect, but the Scott's were on such great form that they had me laughing like crazy. So much so, I felt compelled to drop by the forums. Amazing episode.

I love hearing the Scotts shake a little '2 off the daisy.

----------

A.S.: I think at any moment, that album could just pop up on iTunes.

S.A.: It could.

A.S.: Beyonce-style.

S.A.: It has not at this point, at least when we’re recording this.

A.S.: Well, I don’t know. I haven’t checked my phone in 10 minutes.

S.A.: That’s… a… That’s rare for you. That’s a record for you.

A.S.: And for you, DICKHEAD!

----------

• Like 2