🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Bernard_Shakey

What's YOUR idea for a good music/ band discussion podcast? Mine is...

I started listening to Pat Francis' "Rock Solid" podcast last week. Its a pretty good podcast that focuses a bit more on music. But, back to the pun....

"Ed Zeppelin" with Ed Helms

"Birbignaked Ladies" with Mike Birbiglia

"Mumjiani & Sons" with Kumail Nanjiani

• Like 1

"Vega Genesis"

Scott Aukerman tries to convince 90's WWF Wrestler Savio Vega to listen to Genesis.

I've got nothing >.>

• Like 3

Okay, here's what I got...

"Pist Off" - Nick Offerman shares his opinion of the Sex Pistols' discography

Inspired by today's episode "Case Freely" - Casey Wilson ignores and occasionally accidentally turns off the music from Ace Frehley's solo career

"In Living Colour" - Damon and Keenan Ivory Wayans discuss the band that wrote the hit song "Cult of Personality"

And finally, "Faith...No Mohr", where Matt Besser delivers a detailed analysis of Mike Patton's former band, while refusing to let Jay Mohr into the building

• Like 3

I def want to hear Scott wax poetic on the Smiths. I know PFT could be a co-host, as he's got that acoustic cover of "How Soon Is Now?" floating around.

Talkin All That Moz?

I wrote a bunch of awful punny podcast names at work, so you can enjoy them.

*ahem*

COMING SOON TO EARWOLF:

Andy Dick talks about a mid-90s pop act on "Dickspence None the Richer"

Todd Barry professes his love for Jay-Z on "Bare-E"

Paul Rust gives his opinion on the band Kansas with "Rust in the Wind"

Jeff Garlin explores Chris Cornell's discography on "Soundgarlin"

Bob Odenkirk and Bobby Moynihan share their views on Fiona Apple's career on "Bobbing for Apple"

Known metalhead Brian Posehn veers into rap territory on "Posehn in the Membrane"

Chris Hardwick and David Cross try to figure out why two kids wore their clothes backwards on "ChrisCross"

This one's pretty self-explanatory: "30 Seconds to Sklars"

Adam Scott's "Walter Mitty" costar struggles with math metal on "Ben Stillinger Escape Plan"

Andy Daly and Matt Gourley host the "Stone Temple Pilot Podcast Project"

"Survivor" host Jeff Probst gives a detailed analysis of The Protomen's rock opera on "Pro(bs)tomen"

Reggie Watts devotes his time to Marvin Gaye on "Watts Goin' On?"

Neil Campbell discusses Rod Stewart on "Neil Before Rod"

Jason Mantzoukas tries to find out if the mid-90s swing music craze was next level bonkers on "Zouk Suit Riot"

Kevin Meaney declares Helmet's discography to be "not right!" on "Meaneytime"

Marc Maron listens to KMFDM on "WTFDM!"

Community star Ken Jeong gives props to Alice Cooper on "Changin' with Mr. Cooper"

Horatio Sanz has a lot to say about David Bowie on "Aladdin Sanz"

A great impressionist talks Queen on "Adomian Rhapsody"

TLC is the subject of this next one: "CrazySexyKroll"

That's enough. Sorry.

• Like 8

Radiohead! The podcast should be called

Download This Podcast On Your OK Computer

"30 Seconds to Sklars" made me laugh out loud, but "Adomian Rhapsody" is the podcast I'm most interested in listening to.

If that one doesn't work out, "Scheer Heart Attack" would be an acceptable substitute.

• Like 1

From the bottom of "The Ocean" to the top of the "Misty Mountain", comedian Dana Gould won't have a "Communication Breakdown", explaining the "Good Times" and the "Bad Times" of legendary rock band Led Zeppelin in:

"All that Glitters is Gould"

• Like 1

I don't know who would host it, but I would genuinely love a weekly Meat Loaf podcast, titled "Chat Out of Hell."

Since the Scotts are out of U2 albums and something like Staind Glass can actually happen, some of these ideas really need to be made. Hopefully people can add a bunch more, as there are a lot of weeks to fill before the release of the new '2 and I know none of us want this show to end.

Watt's Going On, Adomian Rhapsody and 30 Seconds to Sklars are genius, Joe! Just the idea of Scott paying $10 for some Jared Leto songs really cracks me up, as I'm guessing even they are not on his varied iPod.

Speaking of the Sklars, how about some lady energy on an ep:

GarfU.N.K.L.E. and Oates - New IFC Stars and longtime friends delve into British Trip Hop

Other ideas:

Concert BUDdies - Scott's concert buddy Doug Benson talks 2 U2 shows and shaking his little butt at Limp Bizkit

Concert RUDDies - Scott's concert buddy Paul Rudd talks U2, Bono's daughters and if, in fact, one of them is an actual college girl. If so, Scott really blew the chance to get 1) the t-shirts 2) college girls and 3) a couple hours of Bono's time.

• Like 2

not necessarily specific to a comedian, but my dream podcast would simply be Talk Talk Talk... where the Scotts discuss the wonderful, underrated band Talk Talk.

(could be pronounced Talk Talk Talk OR Talk Talk Talk)

Swans, son!

A guide to the music of the experimental rock band Swans featuring Ron Swanson.

• Like 1

As I posted in the Staind Glass thread (didn't see this one): The Red Hot Daly Peppers: Suck My (Galafiana)Kiss

RuPaul Rust - Paul Rust discusses RuPaul's music

or

RuPaul Giamatti - James Adomian as Paul Giamatti discusses RuPaul's music

• Like 1

A few more if anyone is interested.

Fade to Michael Ian Black

An in depth discussion of the music of Metallica starring Michael Ian Black

Hourly Daly

Based on the music of You Am I featuring Andy Daly

Norton Hears The Who

In which Scott and Scott introduce Jim Norton to the music of The Who

Mohr Than A Feeling

Obviously, a discussion of the band Boston featuring Jay Mohr

• Like 2

Chris Kattan delves into the Beatles' catalogue in "Mr. Peeper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".

• Like 1

• Comedy Green Day, in which Seth Green and Charlie Day discuss the music of The Offspring.
  • Mantzive Ablack, in which Jason Mantzoukas and Michael Ian Black discuss the trip-hop genre.
  • Ku-Tang Clan Paint Something To Fuck With, in which Kulap Vilaysack and Kumail Nanjiani discuss the Wu-Tang Clan while painting a sex doll for some reason.
  • Forget It, Jake, It's Crazy Town, in which Jake Fogelnest grimly ponders the band that gave us the turn-of-the-century classic, "Butterfly."

• Like 2

"Who Talking Guess Who 2 Me?" - Pete Townshend and Roger Daltry re-unite for a weekly podcast with Scott, and only want to talk about the Canadian rock band The Guess Who.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this