🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
beefsquatch84

The Saint (1997)

220px-The_Saint_1997_poster.jpg

So this movie is just amazing and i think would be great for the podcast. Val Kilmers disguises were amazing. when he was dressed as Dracula on the plane was excellent. I watched this movie again last night and was just blown away by how amazing Kilmer was in this movie. His character work for each identity he assumed, his accents were amazing as well. Elizabeth Shue was spot on with playing up her heart defect as well her convincing scientific discovery of "Cold Fusion".

Trailer

Plot Summary form IMDB

As a young orphan, a boy refuses to accept the name given him by priests and instead chooses to take on the name of Simon Templar after the Saint of magic. Speed ahead and the young boy is now a master thief in bidding wars with countries for his services. Using his skills of master disguise, he eludes all pursuers as he assumes names associated with the various Saints. In this role after stealing from a Russian industrialist, the industrialist hires The Saint to steal a formula for cold fusion being developed by a young female scientist. Cold fusion is said to permit a nation to heat its citizens with only a few gallons of water. However, on this case The Saint falls in love with the scientist placing him in a quandary of fulfilling his professional obligations or staying with the innocent young scientist. When she becomes threatened by the Russian Mafia, he has no choice but to go ahead with his job. However, she follows him to Moscow, setting off a chase across the City and through their sewers.

I have a weird fondness for this movie. But it's totally HDTGM-worthy.

This needs to be done. Just read about the making of this movie is interesting with them constantly doing rewrites and new directors and all the big names that turned down the lead roll. I think it would be a fun episode

Such a goofy movie, the part where he's dressed as the villian of the movie is pretty hilarious in how well they were able to get Val Kilmer to look like the dude. They had solid makeup team.

Oh my god, the artist character alone could be discussed for hours. I agree with this as a recommendation!

I think this and The Jackal are a pair of live shows just fucking waiting to be done.

It's Richard Gere's dodgy Irish accent versus Val Kilmer's dodgy EVERY ACCENT.

Sign in to follow this