🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 131 — Squeakin' in Church with Drag the River

Tim Meadows, Seth Morris, Jon Gabrus, and the band, Drag The River, join Matt Besser for a special musically inspired episode of improv4humans. Using Drag the River's songs as inspiration, these four humans get into the greatest crazy-off of all time with a woman named Turkey Leg, share some great stories about how stupid people look doing coke, and see how far some will go for a real doll. Great group of improvisers and a great band; Don't miss this episode! Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

The Tim Meadows Cat-In-A-Box skit was hilarious, I loved the abrupt turn that took right at the beginning.

Jesus, that Cat-in-a-Box sketch was so insane. I can't believe how good this show is.

Lost my password super long ago, just got around to getting back on the forums. Missed you all!

Loved this episode, the musical episodes are really growing on me.

"I'm like summer school; class"

• Like 2

I loved the cocaine scene. "I don't appreciate you pushing your hands into my chest 15 times and then breathing into my mouth."

I also loved all the other scenes. All-star lineup for this one.

I loved the "Cake Canaveral" button on the last sketch so much. Seth completely blindsided me with his callback to Tim's temporary, seemingly harmless flub of mispronouncing "Cape Canaveral" (and Tim was not even in character when he flubbed; he was just trying to make a stage direction to 'Cut to Cape Canaveral'). Since Seth had already established his wife character as a strong woman with ideas for creative endeavors and passion projects (her desire to take pottery classes was great!) that the non sequitur fit PERFECTLY within the context of the scene (and the fact that Tim was in character as the Real Doll's physical therapist at the time and not McDonald the NASA Employee is irrelevant because McDonald didn't mispronounce Cape Canaveral, Tim did). Hilarious!

I was not surprised that Matt started giggling uncontrollably. Seth knocked that callback out of the park. Best podcast in the universe.

• Like 3

does anyone have a track listing for what was played on the episode? I'm definitely going to check this stuff out.

EDIT: who ever is playing the pedal steel on that newest album is crazy good.

"Jessica's Suicide", "Death of the Life of the Party", "Me & Joe Drove Out to California", "Beautiful & Damned", "Song for My Roomates"

• Like 3

There's something really magical about Tim's guy on the other side of the wall/guy in a box/guy on a loudspeaker/guy on the phone voice.

This episode was a dream

• Like 4

Intro song is Dragoon - Goodnight Annabelle. I've used it before, just not for a while I guess. Great song.

I loved the "Cake Canaveral" button on the last sketch so much. Seth completely blindsided me with his callback to Tim's temporary, seemingly harmless flub of mispronouncing "Cape Canaveral" (and Tim was not even in character when he flubbed; he was just trying to make a stage direction to 'Cut to Cape Canaveral'). Since Seth had already established his wife character as a strong woman with ideas for creative endeavors and passion projects (her desire to take pottery classes was great!) that the non sequitur fit PERFECTLY within the context of the scene (and the fact that Tim was in character as the Real Doll's physical therapist at the time and not McDonald the NASA Employee is irrelevant because McDonald didn't mispronounce Cape Canaveral, Tim did). Hilarious!

I was not surprised that Matt started giggling uncontrollably. Seth knocked that callback out of the park. Best podcast in the universe.

plus i loved mr morris's "I've got so many mugs in my head!" that got totally skipped over, it destroyed me though, so good

• Like 2

Oh Jesus, Tim's screaming had me laughing so hard I almost passed out. "I went Miles Davis on their ass this week!"

Just started listening to this episode now. Crap, this is great and unexpected. I love All and Armchair Martian and both their lead singers were on my favorite podcast.

Two favorites of them if I may.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this