🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 30 — Little Esther, Our Close Friend

BJ! Big fan (BF!) Here's something I've always been dying to ask you: Do you think Hayes liked the new Spider-Man movie?

• Like 4

Beej, when you created the hashtag #longhairdontcare did you think it would make you an overnight celebrity or was it a happy accident?

• Like 6

Dear Hi BJ, you're super funny but you've recently ventured into more dramatic acting, how was it getting your feet wet with Quentin Tarantino? Did he dry them after?

• Like 6

Sweet Dave, I heard you take public transportation to work. Where do you get off?

• Like 4

Dave, you recently had a guest appearance on the Fox series, Bones. Was it scary being surrounded by so many skellingtons on the set? Were you tempted to rearrange them into a xylophone so maybe a pirate ghost could play it?

• Like 5

DJ Novak? Of all the DJs, you've been said to spin the MOST knobs and press the MOST buttons -- How does this affect your music??

Dave -- rumor has it you toured europe with adele as a groupie. Which songs were written about you and why?

• Like 3

Mr Movak, you were on Punked. What is a good prank that I can play on my little sis?

Also for Mr Novvak, your first book was described as a "fictional collection of "Woody Allen"-like stories"; frankly, I find it inappropriate that anyone would want to write or read about that kind of sick stuff. I suppose my question is, what's the appeal?

Mr Thomas, you hold Canadian, British, and U.S. citizenship. Which is your favourite, and why is it British?

Also, you were a copywriter at McCann Erickson in the '70s. Do you feel that Mad Men, and specifically the character of Don Draper, is modelled after your life story? Did you have a black secretary too?

• Like 3

Dave Thomas: Thanks for cracking my whole shit up since I was a wee child watching an American TV show about a single mom trying to escape the wrath of her abusive alcoholic husband. We didn't get much American TV in Sweden growing up, but Grace Under Fire somehow got onto our airwaves and I loved you as Russell the pharmacist. Best thing on that show since Brett was obviously... Brett.

My question: What's it like to be a Canadian living in the U.S.? Do you find that people are meanies here? I lived in Canada for a while and was overwhelmed by how nice and non-dickish everyone is there (I'm an asshole btw).

• Like 5

Hi, B.J. Honlads here; Earwolf forums.

You played Pfc. Smithson Utivich in the Quentin Tarantino film "Inglourious Basterds", when did you find that some people call blow jobs B.J.'s and did you cry a little?

• Like 4

BJ - Are you and Hayes Harvard frat bros?

Dave Thomas - Did you ever personally Narfel the Garthok?

Hi BJ,

What's your favorite story about Zach Woods from when you were on The Office.

A part of your book was recently included in an episode of This American Life; do you like hearing people repeat things that they've heard on Radiolab?

Mr. Thomas: Were you satisfied with Sean and Hayes' explanation of why they named the questions segment of the show "The Popcorn Gallery"? Or would you prefer that they dedicate more time to it?

• Like 4

Wow Dave. It's an honour.

Do you ever look down at your hands and say, out loud, "Beethoven was in these hands"?

• Like 1

wow i really really really hope you arent pulling my peg about dave thomas

mr thomas, how come did you become so great?

• Like 2

mr novak, do you know how 2 drive a helicopter?

• Like 3

Shit I missed the train again...

BJ, Do you think it's rude to have a party in your building and not invite the three other people that live in your building to said party?

Do you think that it would be a kind gesture to simply make your fellow neighbors aware of the party, seeing is how you're going to have to experience the party through thin walls? With that said, how much fun would it be to get to know the new people in your building via said party?

Dave, How much were you inspired by Wayne's World for the creation the couch dudes on SCTV? Seems like you guys pretty much just ripped off the concept and re-contextualized it to fit your audience.

Also is Canada people really funny?

Oh and also I once watched this shitty movie with John Candy and everyone was like "no it's good it's classic it's John Candy" and I was like, "no it's really not guys"

Is John Candy funny? Like in a way that is actually funny given the context of comedy at the time? Was comedy just not that funny when he was considered "funny" or is it the internet? Because the internet?

Comedy Candy internet canada?

• Like 4

anybody on these boards live in new york (the city) ??

edit :: ps -- burdrulz we're gonna do some bits on you and ur cousin jordy this week but i was hoping that in the future you could just call and leave a voicemail about what you and jordy have been up to and we'll play it on tha show. i know ur down so i'm not even asking.

• Like 1

I don't, but I'm visiting for the first time later this month! Do you have any advice to help me not stick out like a loser/tourist? If it helps, my mom dressed me normcore (mervyns) all my life and I heard about a flash-mob in college once. What else do I need to knooww?

• Like 3

Kind of mad at burdrulz right now.

I was just telling my [xmas tree topper] that someone should have told John Candy how easy it is to lose weight then he wouldn't have died. It's easy, Candy! You just have to want it! Diet and exercise, John! (I like to jk around)

• Like 3

Hey guys I just got the OK from the admins and I ordered a villa in Tuscany for this year's RSS/HH forum retreat. Looks like the dates will be June 10-14. Please sign up here.

• Like 5

Ooh, June 10 is tricky for me... going out that night for my new girl's b-day (she wants to keep it hush-hush so no names, but let's just say she's turning 22 and just showed off her comedy chops in "The Other Woman" - oops, I might have said too much!)

She would be piiiissssed if I went to Italy - unless I can bring her too? She hates the show, by the way, don't know if that will change your decision.

• Like 2

Hey guys I just got the OK from the admins and I ordered a villa in Tuscany for this year's RSS/HH forum retreat. Looks like the dates will be June 10-14. Please sign up here.

Tuscany, Italy or The Tuscany Hotel in Las Vegas? V. important that I find out...I may or may not be banned from one of those places because I may or may not have peed in the fountain located in the ground floor lobby.

sorry ill be washing my hair june 10-14

• Like 5

I spent good money one time going to a fun podcast convention. I ain't falling for that shit again

edit :: ps -- burdrulz we're gonna do some bits on you and ur cousin jordy this week but i was hoping that in the future you could just call and leave a voicemail about what you and jordy have been up to and we'll play it on tha show. i know ur down so i'm not even asking.

Hey,

So I used to live in green point. A bunch of my friends live in bushwick, so i still get up there every couple of months to hang out.

Next time I do i'll let you know and we can shred or something.

The whole jordy thing is actually pretty great because it comes with a voice as well. It's like a mixture of the surf guy from youtube meets a lispy like crust kid that sounds a little like christian slater from gleaming the cube.

He's wayyyy more difficult to understand however.

Idk let me know if you want to colab on some little bits of comedy, i'd be more than happy to introduce you to Jordy's cousin. However the other kind of funny thing you is you never actually get to meet Jordy, he's just this legend that they're always talking about. He's always getting hurt to obviously. But it's usually always "cool because he still shreds"

but anyway, I'm totally down that'd be fun. Let me know how it goes I'll listen for sure to check it out.

• Like 3