🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 73 — Space Ship Attack

Haha yeah, forgotten NPC's, continuity errors, and rushed finales are definitely symptoms of a marked lack of time. I too am excited to see what Blaine cooks up for the party! Brian & I are sorting out when a post-mortem chat could happen. All the questions posed so far in this thread have at least partial answers in my notebook. Unfortunately my *baby-classes are on Tuesday evenings (the traditional Nerd Poker recording night) so it may be a little while.

I'll be doing a final pass on the 'Ask Sark' thread here in the forums sometime in the next couple of days so if you have any questions leave 'em in there!

Thanks for listening all these weeks! You guys are great :)

~S

http://gyazo.com/8881e00fe6f3ba8ce677efa19767e1a0

*I don't want to miss a class because I KNOW the week I don't go will be the one where they teach how best to cook an infant.

• Like 16

Will the baby classes include a lesson on dealing with giant deaged necromancer abomination-babies?

Ahhh. Blaine made a Varg Vikernes reference. Fuck yeah.

He did?!? How did I miss that?!? What episode?

Pretty much echoing what everyone else has said here... Super sad to hear Sark go, super excited to hear Blaine DM.

Awesome final episode for the campaign! Would absolutely love a wrap up... You know, like Harry cheats on Ginny with Hermione, etc.

WHAT HAPPENED TO STARGOYLE?!?!?!?!?

(I know you'll tell us anyway, but dammit I am DESPERATE to know.)

• Like 2

WHAT HAPPENED TO STARGOYLE?!?!?!?!?

Holy shit, I was content until you raised this.

Sark, you were one hell of a great 'shitty DM', all the best with Sark Jr, and I really hope to see you come back out to the coast and have a few more laughs...

• Like 1

This was my line of thought while listening to this episode: The fan art for this episode is going to be epic, Red vs Blue! and finally...

20eb2359ccd588949e1e53580e3d6a0513e452390843bd3e8f2f196d8ee78989.jpg

Great job guys! I love you all!!

P.S. I'm still laughing about roll to resist cheese. Bwahaha!

Thanks for telling us a great story, Sark. I really hope you find time to eventually come back and continue this story, but obviously it's understandable to not have enough time to construct a world. I would love to see you hop in as a player, too, if you can find time for it.

That said, I am confident in Blaine. I think it would be unfair to him to have him continue Sark's campaign. He doesn't know where Sark was headed, and he has Blackey to look after. I'm hoping he'll start up a brand new campaign with a brand new party. I would love to see his own original ideas for a world and storyline.

That said, I am confident in Blaine. I think it would be unfair to him to have him continue Sark's campaign. He doesn't know where Sark was headed, and he has Blackey to look after. I'm hoping he'll start up a brand new campaign with a brand new party. I would love to see his own original ideas for a world and storyline.

But picture Brian having to part with Damien… :(

I'm really happy we have a wrap up of a such a epic 2 years! Thank you Sark for all your hard work. As a DM myself, I understand how hard it is to remember items and NPCs.

I wish you the best in your youtube fame and baby crap cleaning!

<p class="post_body">

SARK???!!!

Typical Shitty GM move. Get a cool DM robe and then check out!!! Shitty shitty DM.....

Kidding. Thanks for all the sttrange and disturbing FUN!!!!

CLAY AND TINA CARVER

Criss Cross Evil Baby Sauce

:angry:

He may have been a shitty DM, but he was OUR shitty DM

• Like 3

Haha yeah, forgotten NPC's, continuity errors, and rushed finales are definitely symptoms of a marked lack of time. I too am excited to see what Blaine cooks up for the party! Brian & I are sorting out when a post-mortem chat could happen. All the questions posed so far in this thread have at least partial answers in my notebook.

I'll join in the chorus asking for "Things the party missed" throughout the campaign post mortem. For example: What happened to all the people who were living in the bubble underwater and their magic-wielding leader? What became of Stargoyle? And so on.

I have to say that I got kinda choked up when I heard that you weren't going to be around, at least for a good while. I was really impressed with the stuff you came up with out of your own noggin. Well done overall. Best of luck with the baby. Now you'll have someone to share your rave glow-sticks and pacifiers with! :)

As we look to the future, I also hope that everybody rolls up new characters and starts anew with Blaine. Whatever he comes up with, we know it will be hilarious.

How bittersweet to know that Gerry is finally coming back but Sark is leaving. Great campaing, great finish, great people. I progressively enjoyed every episode of the this run more and more. ( the possible exception of the elevator interlude), but I'm really looking forward to a fresh start.

Awesome episode and great campaign. If you are going to roll up new characters for the next campaign, maybe you could send the current group into a hopeless character night. It was always fun to play with the understanding that nobody makes it out alive and no canon would be harmed.

Keep up the great work all.

Good luck Sark, and come back soon. You'll be missed. :(

We'll miss you Sark! Come back soon! Interested to see what the gang does next? I still want to know what happened to Stargoyle, but I don't know how a campaign searching for him would work if Blaine is DMing...

I'm chiming in with hope that they reroll also. I know a lot of fans (not to mention the players) have gotten attached to these characters but I really don't want to hear Blaine try to pick up where Sark left off, because it sucked.

Honestly I'm very happy about this change. I was actually getting quite sick of this adventure and had started hoping that the group would stop recording play sessions and just do recaps/rants on games and other stuff instead.

Looking forward to what Blaine can bring, though it is a bit worrisome that he missed so many sessions last time and is now responsible for running the game.

I also want to echo all the sentiments stated here. Such a great journey we've been taken on so far. Sark will definitely be missed! If they do roll up new characters I hope they all take a note from Brian and Damien and do something that's really different that they haven't done before.

I can't wait to hear what Blaine has in store! I'll definitely be one more person to want to know all the "things the party missed". Stargoyle of course! But has everyone forgotten about Trondor? What ever happened to him? Will mildred ever warm to him?!

Thanks so much for enriching all our lives, looking forward to that continuing.

It might also be neat to hear what the players favorite highlights from the campaign were. Fun botches along the way, most epic rolls, and other funny or interesting moments that stuck out.

I'm chiming in with hope that they reroll also. I know a lot of fans (not to mention the players) have gotten attached to these characters but I really don't want to hear Blaine try to pick up where Sark left off, because it sucked.

Honestly I'm very happy about this change. I was actually getting quite sick of this adventure and had started hoping that the group would stop recording play sessions and just do recaps/rants on games and other stuff instead.

Looking forward to what Blaine can bring, though it is a bit worrisome that he missed so many sessions last time and is now responsible for running the game.

You're very brave for pushing through as long as you did. Hopefully you still found the strength to boo children playing and heckle open mic nights.

• Like 10

Initial response:

luke-skywalker-noooooo.jpg

Although I am sad this story is at an end, I'm glad there was an end at all. The campaigns I have been with have never had a proper ending for whatever reason, so I'm glad this one did. My only concern like many others is, where is Stargoyle?!

I'm super sad Sark wont be DMing anymore :( I really loved his flexability in dealing with his party and his story line. Hopefully he will come back and a play a little though. Really looking forward to guest appearances and more crazy adventures!

• Like 3

I'll miss Sark's constant pushing for Billy Joel songs at the start of each show. You guys have no idea how many times it almost happened.

• Like 7

If I had to wish for just ONE thing in the Post-Mortem, it would be a comprehensive description of the plans of the Old Man & The Collectors. How were the plans different between the men and the women? What exactly WERE the Collectors? Where did they come from? Did the Old Man have a name/backstory? How did he keep getting away? What about those skeletal crawlers? How did he use the souls for mind control and cloning?

Also, maybe this next season could be like Damiens' spinoff show… The New Adventures of Damien Wormwood Darkomen!

I'll venture a guess at what happened to stargoyle. I think he was destroyed in the explosion, but managed to respawn in another dimension or galaxy, far from Blackee's reach, but still able to send and receive signals. Otherwise, he would have caught up to them again at some point. Maybe he does in the epilogue…?

• Like 1