🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 10 — All That You Can’t Leave Behind

This week Adam Scott Aukerman are back from their break of slowing things down to talk U2 as they delve into U2′s tenth studio album All That You Can’t Leave Behind. They’ll discuss how U2 went back to basics while recording this album, their first impressions of the single “Beautiful Day,” U2’s moving performance on SNL, the Elevation Tour, and their thoughts on each of the tracks. Plus, they’ll talk about the amazing fan fart they’ve received.

I loved the line "Brian Eno, shower us with your grimaces."

And I hurt myself laughing at the Epic Movie/9-11 victims bit.

• Like 1

I really don't understand how two hours of this stuff is so entertaining, but I absolutely love it.

It is inexplicable that Electrical Storm isn't on All That You Can't Leave Behind, it's high quality rock and roll music.

• Like 3

What is with scotts scene-teen hat he's been wearing for the past week?? He looks like one of fall out boy.

This show makes me so happy, just a couple o' bros gettin cranked, I hope it goes on forever.

That Superbowl performance still makes me tear up.

This is the first of their albums that I remember coming out, so this episode was like Scott and Scott were really talkin' U2 2 me for the first time.

I wish they could have Jimmy Pardo on one of these. He would be great with these guys.

I think Scott and Scott's former girlfriends whom they married should have their own podcast called 'Why R U 2 Still Talkin U2?'

Kulap went to Laos to get away from U2.

• Like 8

Here's hoping that the How to Dismantle episode has extensive coverage of this classic scene

I think I learned more about an album by U2 that I ever thought possible. It wasn't what I was looking for. But boy o' big boy Scotts you gave it to me in spades!

I am sick and loopy on meds. This is the perfect way to listen to this. I might save future episodes for the next time I get the flu.

• Like 1

This episode nearly made a reference to noted adventure author Cliff Hanger (pronounced Hang-yay because he's French). His books are the kind you can't put down- and I don't mean that hyperbolically. Remember in Crank (and Crank 2) how Jason Statham kept having to get charged up or he'd die? Well, Hanger's books are printed with a special skin-absorptive poison on the odd numbered pages and an antidote on the even numbered ones. If you stop reading at chapter-ending moment of peril you could very well die. Only when you finish the book and wash your hands thoroughly are you assured of survival.

getting mentioned by 2 of my favorite ppl because of my scarface art made the 10 minutes i spent on it worthwhile, thankl you scott and adam

• Like 7