🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This movie, based off a novel of the same name, has everything you want in a bad movie. It sets the tone with a crazy non sequitur scene where our hero comes home to find neighborhood children burying a bike in his front yard. The hero (Played by the wonderful John Hurt) then accidentally gets sucked up by a skygina and time travels back to 1817 with his talking car. While in the past he pals around with Dr. Frankenstein (Raul Julia), literally GIVES Mary Shelly (Bridget Fonda) a full text of the novel she has not written yet, and accidentally time travels a castle into the future. The finale, set in a post apocalyptic future, sees John Hurt using "clap lasers" in a final fight against Frankensteins monster. All these things and many, many more await you in FRANKENSTEIN UNBOUND!

You can see the first ten minutes or so here:

Let me leave you with a memorable quote:

"You think that you have killed me. But I will be with you forever. I am unbound!"

-Frankensteins Monster

This movie is FUCKING GARBAGE. I was so angry after I watched this, it was one of the few times I bothered to go on imdb and write a review. This is a film where John Hurt builds a talking, time traveling Lamborghini and meets not just the singer from INXS, but Mary fucking Shelley. It turns out that the story of Dr. Frankenstein is actually *Law & Order sound effect* TRUE, and the shittiest possible Frankenstein's monster wants the Lamborghini for himself.

frankenstein-unbound.jpg

A movie so bad it gave Raul Julia stomach cancer.

• Like 1

Rewatched this gem last night and it definitely deserves some attention.  Anyone else see this? 

- stars John Hurt, Raul Julia and a very young Brigett Fonda

- time travel via what appears to be a sky vagina

- John Hurt impressing Mary Shelly (Bridget Fonda) with his talking computer car 

- A deep frankenstein monnster whose heart angrily yearns for love

-Raul Julia being an insane Dr frankenstein 

https://youtu.be/yRKK9E9xAhA