🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 284 — A Thrilling CBB Adventure Hour

"You gotta laugh." -

Callback!

That was my favorite ep of the year so far, and its the 3rd time I've heard Scott call back to it, I'm really glad he enjoyed it as well, I hope it makes the "Best Ofs".

• Like 1

Now that we finally got another Thrilling Adventure Hour crossover episode, it is time for the Super Ego guys to return to CBB.

• Like 9

Fascinating analysis, I'm sure it's going to be very useful. I hope Scott keeps in mind your thoughts, and never does anything to do with 'thrilling adventure hour' on the show ever again to satisfy you (I mean come on, 2 times in 5 years is way too much anyway.)

Where does all this wild anger come from over such a benign comment?

• Like 3

I've tried to listen to this week's episode about 4 times now but each time I wake up a thrilling adventure hour and 20 minutes later in a whimsical daze with no recollection of the show. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

Where does all this wild anger come from over such a benign comment?

wild anger?

I'm honestly surprised it's come across that way. I wasn't angry when I wrote it.

I enjoyed the episode but I do feel that having no grounding in the Thrilling Adventure hour was a bit dislocating. Though it did make me want to check out the show, as all of the performances were fantastic, it was just an odd thing to come into cold.

• Like 1

I've tried to listen to this week's episode about 4 times now but each time I wake up a thrilling adventure hour and 20 minutes later in a whimsical daze with no recollection of the show. Anyone else having this problem?

Dat-ta-dum-dum... Dat-ta-dum-dum... LOST TIME

Yeah "critiquing" things can be interesting so let's look again at what you had to say.

Fascinating analysis, I'm sure it's going to be very useful. I hope Scott keeps in mind your thoughts, and never does anything to do with 'thrilling adventure hour' on the show ever again to satisfy you (I mean come on, 2 times in 5 years is way too much anyway.)

Look, I get that it's interesting to discuss comedy you think fails, but registering just to leave a comment that you didn't like something is of no use to anyone. I get that there's inane positivity here as well, but that makes people feel good, and it shows appreciation to the people who make the show funny. It's absolutely fine if you didn't like it, but is it really worth registering here just to say that?

as Scott would say.. you dont have to be a cocksucker about it

• Like 1

I did not have that problem. Do you have any questions about who was who?

Btw, in case anyone is interested in news like this, The kickstarter-funded Thrilling Adventure Hour graphic novel is nominated for an Eisner Award this year for Best Anthology.

• Like 1

Don't know what you guys are talking about. There was no episode this week.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED!

• Like 2

As mentioned in this week's ep, there are no windows in the new studio. What does this mean for Dalton Wilcox, Don DiMello, Hot Dog, August Lindt, Danny Mahoney, Bill Carter, the Irish guy with the poems and the British guy who made a brief appearance in an episode?

• Like 4

Die hard CBB fan... but this is the first ep in a long while I may not finish. About half way through and really not enjoying it.

Maybe you have to be a Thrilling Adventure Hour fan to get it, but i dont find either character really that funny. just my opinion

I've listened to bits and pieces of TAH and when the first character came in I started thinking I may not like the episode. However, I thought it ended up being pretty funny, especially when PFT came in. "RIddle Me This" is always great and I thought it had some great contributions this time around. That being said I probably won't run out and start listening to TAH just because that format is not really up my alley.

• Like 1

I've listened to bits and pieces of TAH and when the first character came in I started thinking I may not like the episode. However, I thought it ended up being pretty funny, especially when PFT came in. "RIddle Me This" is always great and I thought it had some great contributions this time around. That being said I probably won't run out and start listening to TAH just because that format is not really up my alley.

appreciate your civil comment bro. if that's the case, I might give it a full listen through then.

oddly enough I was a fan of the first time TAH came on comedy big bang theory with the characters of colonel tick tock and harry houdini. I got a kick out of those guys

'im harry freakin houdini.. the king of EXcape'

This episode was just amazing for the first half hour or so and then had spots of intermittent brilliance. As much as I love PFT*, I didn't need the K character since it doesn't offer much and the other two guests were so refreshing and funny in their novelty. I could have listened to Sparks Nevada for the whole show especially playing off Scott's Time Bobby background. I was kinda hoping PFT would play one of his other Thrilling characters instead.

PFT like Admomian are such huge comic forces they have to be used sparingly like atomic weapons. :)

Hey all,

This is my first post here! I started listening to CBB in earnest with the Best of 2013 shows and I've been hooked ever since. I know it's not a requested submission, but I made a theme song for "Riddle Me This" in case anyone is interested.

My two goals in life are to get this played on the podcast, and to get Scotty Aux to play me in Words With Friends.

https://soundcloud.com/scott-x-watkins/riddle-me-this-theme

• Like 1

One of my favorite episodes, but that's unfair because Croach is one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite shows (in any format). I loved how Marc managed to play Sparks while still being Marc, reacting to Croach in pretty much the exact same ways. I loved the body switch too, and how Marc and Mark both had no idea exactly what PFT meant by it. Also, so much white privilege.

I will continue leaving small sacrifices to my Cthulhu lamp and praying for Frank and Sadie to appear in an episode of Comedy Bang Bang... That would make my heart explode.