🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 284 — A Thrilling CBB Adventure Hour

Uh oh! It looks like actor extraordinaire Marc Evan Jackson from The Thrilling Adventure Hour has his second visit to Comedy Bang! Bang! cut short as a portal appears in the Earwolf studio and has transported some of the characters from The Thrilling Adventure into the real world. How will Scott & Marc deal with these multidimensional beings? Tune in to find out!

• Like 3

I usually wait until I have 3 or 4 Thrilling Adventure Hour episodes stockpiled before I listen. I like to start with Sparks and end with Beyond Belief just like the live show, if possible. This plus the four episodes I've saved will make for a very thrilling day indeed.

And yes, PFT Beyond Belief episode dropping today!

Met my high expectations. The games segment has to be one of the top ten ever. I completely lost it.

The Earwolf website doesn't list his name, but I believe Marc Evan Jackson appeared on the other CBB/THA crossover episode, number 50.

It's hard to name an absolute favorite podcast... but these two are right at the top.

Going to start listening to Thrilling Adventure cause of this episode. Love how you can always hear PFT giggling in the background before he comes on. :D

• Like 2

Going to start listening to Thrilling Adventure cause of this episode. Love how you can always hear PFT giggling in the background before he comes on. :D

Beyond Belief is mostly continuity free, except for a few episodes (mostly involving James Urbaniak), but Sparks Nevada must be listened to in order.

Start with those two segments, with Sparks spin offs and Captain Laserbeam to follow, and proceed from there.

Rhea Pearmance is my favorite bit of wordplay since Jon Hamm's "Laugh-Danza Airlines".

• Like 2

Oh man, what a blast. Sparks is my favorite TAH segment, and it's fun to hear some improvised fun with those characters.

• Like 1

Even though I think its funnier to use The Joker's song to play "Riddle Me This," I feel like it should be known that there is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlfr7wsqcM

Also, I wonder if we'll get a special b-b-b-b-BONUS-s-s-s-s-s podcast episode on Thursday? In celebration of the season premiere of the CBB TV show. (EDIT: Just heard him say that we would be getting a bonus ep on Thurs. HOOORAY!!! [sings and dances to "Everything is Awesome"])

• Like 1

PFT freaking out at the sight of Croach at the end killed me. This was so delightful!

• Like 1

for every one under 50 the "no windows and no doors" reference

shout out to all my fellow ex Disney cast members!

was really delighted to get this reference lol.

So proud of myself for being 22 yrs old and understanding why you should look up.

Die hard CBB fan... but this is the first ep in a long while I may not finish. About half way through and really not enjoying it.

Maybe you have to be a Thrilling Adventure Hour fan to get it, but i dont find either character really that funny. just my opinion

Enjoyed all the little reoccurring Scott-isms though.

was really delighted to get this reference lol.

Ditto. Definitely confirms Scott is an Orange County native.

Die hard CBB fan... but this is the first ep in a long while I may not finish. About half way through and really not enjoying it.

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I always find it peculiar when a self-described "die hard CBB fan" registers an account on the Earwolf forums specifically to shit on the show.

• Like 10

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I always find it peculiar when a self-described "die hard CBB fan" registers an account on the Earwolf forums specifically to shit on the show.

Maybe it's just me, but for me this long time listener, part time contributor, believes it's okay to critique the things you love.

I'm newish to the forums. coincidentally my first post. no h8 bros

• Like 2

Even though I think its funnier to use The Joker's song to play "Riddle Me This," I feel like it should be known that there is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlfr7wsqcM

Also, I wonder if we'll get a special b-b-b-b-BONUS-s-s-s-s-s podcast episode on Thursday? In celebration of the season premiere of the CBB TV show. (EDIT: Just heard him say that we would be getting a bonus ep on Thurs. HOOORAY!!! [sings and dances to "Everything is Awesome"])

. Maron, Reggie and Neil Campbell have got to be the guests for the b-b-b-bonus ep.

Maybe it's just me, but for me this long time listener, part time contributor, believes it's okay to critique the things you love.

I'm newish to the forums. coincidentally my first post. no h8 bros

yeah, i empathize with ya Michael America -- not a huge fan of K (although i love every other PFT character) -- it's like super theatrical and twee, with not much emotional payoff. plus he sort of sounds like Traci Reardon... also i'm not a big thrilling adventure hour guy. a little too theatrical and twee, with little emotional payoff. much like some theatre nerds (they forced me to spell it that way, btw) i use to know in college.

the show is still fun, especially the aforementioned games. maybe it's just impossible to follow last week's 5th anniversary. seriously cannot follow that ep.

plus i love the pictures -- pft laughing is magic.

• Like 1

I got all sweaty listening to this episode for some reason. I suppose I was at the gym at the time, but I like to think that that didn't factor in.

• Like 1

Yeah "critiquing" things can be interesting so let's look again at what you had to say.

About half way through and really not enjoying it.

Maybe you have to be a Thrilling Adventure Hour fan to get it, but i dont find either character really that funny

Fascinating analysis, I'm sure it's going to be very useful. I hope Scott keeps in mind your thoughts, and never does anything to do with 'thrilling adventure hour' on the show ever again to satisfy you (I mean come on, 2 times in 5 years is way too much anyway.)

• Like 5

Hilarious episde. Love when all the off mic laughter happens. I honestly have never given Thrilling Adventure Hour a chance and now I'm going to subscribe to it!

• Like 1