🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
flank

8 Million Ways to Die (1986)

A pretty amazing mid-80's crapfest.

I stumbled upon this after watching Out For Justice, the same guy that wrote that also wrote Roadhouse as well as this.

Oliver Stone has a writing credit but apparently did everything in his power to have his name removed from the credits to no avail. This is Hal Ashby's last film witch is kind of sad.

Jeff Bridges stumbling and stammering drunk, Patricia Arquette is the hooker with the heart of gold, a young Andy Garcia does his best with what he was handed as a...drug lord of some sort.

A lot of dialog is improv'd and it hurts to listen to it. The big payoff is the climactic scene in the warehouse, I still don't know what the hell happened.

It's currently on Netflix, maybe Amazon as well.

Patricia Arquette is the hooker with the heart of gold

You're thinking of Rosanna Arquette.

You're thinking of Rosanna Arquette.

Ah, correct, got my Arquettes crossed.

Given the pedigree of the cast and filmmakers it's pretty unbelievable that this could be so bad. It's like an '80s version of "The Big Lebowski" if the film played it straight and insane. There are so many scenes that are completely bananas. For instance, there's a five minute menacing conversation between ex-detective Jeff Bridges and gangster Andy Garcia as the two of them eat snow cones, because Andy Garcia loves snow cones so much he has a snow cone machine in the back of his car.

This move deserves the HDTGM treatment!

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Sign in to follow this