🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 11 — How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

I am not trying to be "that guy" but it's weird that the comprehensive and exhaustive podcast of all things U2 just barely touches on the spiritual/Christian imagery in their songs.

I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on this, but there's a lot of stuff going on with Achtung Baby and here... Like "All Because of You" that's pretty worth noting- the double-meaning of "I AM". It was interesting hearing about how Scott got into U2 through the youth group or whatever. At least pick on it or something- just bring it up!

I am not trying to be "that guy" but it's weird that the comprehensive and exhaustive podcast of all things U2 just barely touches on the spiritual/Christian imagery in their songs.

I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on this, but there's a lot of stuff going on with Achtung Baby and here... Like "All Because of You" that's pretty worth noting- the double-meaning of "I AM". It was interesting hearing about how Scott got into U2 through the youth group or whatever. At least pick on it or something- just bring it up!

I've thought about this too, U2 were always seen as the coolest Christian band back in the day. I'm not sure how that holds up now post-Achtung Baby, but that's def something they could talk about for...I don't know, maybe 10 minutes.

Congratulations on the Affordable Care Act videos. The trip to DC sounds like a stupendous honor.

• Like 1

My wife walking in the room during the intro (which may or may not have lasted over half the podcast): [shaking her head] "JESUS CHRIST!" [Walks out, half laughing]. Mission accomplished, gentlemen.

I liked Scott's reference to this skit (or whatever was the inspiration for the reference in this skit) when he and Adam were talking about how you could look at anyone's penis in the men's bathroom.

B-b-b-b-bonus: very young Scott sitting in the class.

http://youtu.be/fxMS59sxwxs

This clip makes Better Call Saul so much better