🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 74 — New Beginning

Join the Nerd Poker gang as they bid Sark farewell as their DM, welcome Blaine “Blackie Green” Capatch as their new DM, and roll new characters for their new D&D adventure!

• Like 1

Interesting characters. I look forward to seeing them develop. Illusionist is pretty gutsy for a first-time magic user, but with Ken's portrayal, Hug Denning might wind up being the new fan favorite.

• Like 1

Fun characters, for sure and our DM shows great promise. I knew this would work out! I wish there was something to draw this week though!

Looks like we may be in for a more organic / improv style adventure which should be fun. Love the idea of Dag being a Amarth/Damien hybrid. Can't wait to see what Gerry brings to the mix but you know he's going to hate both Dag and Hug, which is perfect. I get the impression that Sarah's sexy pickpocket is going to be the catalyst for a lot of trouble, especially with dumb guy Dag crushing on her. A very promising start...

Fun characters, for sure and our DM shows great promise. I knew this would work out! I wish there was something to draw this week though!

New characters = plenty to draw

So very excited for this new start. I've always liked my games to be slightly comedic, and it looks like Blaine is on track to be an awesome DM.

Haven't listened through yet, but I love how they decided to do the character-creation in a little more involved on-mic way. I get why they couldn't do that the first time around -- it's a little low action for a first episode of a series -- but great to hear a bit of the thought process behind the characters.

Also, excited to see new characters, AND excited to hear the old team is on ice and shall return!

Also, cousin Dag gives a possible opening down the road for an epic crossover event! Crisis on Infinite Nerd Pokers, anyone?

• Like 1

Great to hear Ken's chops a bit -- Bart was a fine character, but hasn't had much in the way of roleplay potential...

• Like 3

Houg Denning = new favorite. I hope Ken can keep the voice up for as long as that 1 hit point lasts him. It's going to be sad to see him go, but maybe Sir Richard can reach across spacetime to save Houg the way he did Damien.

• Like 1

Pick Pocket 50%

Roll 24 FAIL

Roll 82 FAIL

Now I shut my nerd mouth.

I think she failed against Dag because he rolled a 19

I sincerely hope someone has an urn nearby if Dag ever falls in battle.

This was really exciting to see this morning and so far it's off to a great start. I think my favorite line of the episode was Ken's background "Lid...?" when the character was introduced.

• Like 1

Houg Denning is probably my new favorite character! Excellent job Ken!

main_DougHenning-bwcloseup.jpg

"In the world of illusion....."

• Like 3

One small note, it did feel like a couple of times Dag was being RP'd against his 7 WIS -- Brian was trying to be more savvy RE: magic tricks and such than one might expect of such a rube... (now jumping into a bar brawl with a battle-axe in the other hand fits both WIS and alignment just about perfectly)

Awesome, have been wanting to start listening to show this but i felt i couldnt just jump in at the middle of a campaign. so this is perfect

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Blaine's lead as DM for a while. Based on this first episode, I see it being a lot more humorous and lighthearted, not that Sark's reign wasn't. There was a bit too much dead air, with Blaine doing DM business rather than being there to fill it in, but I'm sure it will smooth out.

I already really like Sarah and Ken's characters, assuming they aren't dead by the next episode. I'm glad we're seeing some variety from the last group. I hope Dag's crush gets real awkward down the line.

I hope the quiet speaking in the background at the end of the episode was Gerry finally coming back. It's been far too long.

First post woo

• Like 2

New characters = plenty to draw

I'll be refreshing the fanart thread every half hour for the next two weeks.

• Like 1

Love the idea of Dag being a Amarth/Damien hybrid.

that's exactly what i was thinking! haha

it's pretty fun seeing the new characters, especially ken and sarah cause we've never heard them play anything else, and it's funny how they are different but also so similar, ken's character is still a total coward and sarah's is still honorable yet impulsive.

also, doesn't Dag being Damien's cousin mean that we're near or in Malevania? what does that mean if we know that the Old Asshole has been there and collected people? is this happening pre-collectors?

so many questions already!!!

Supremely happy with the NPC work.

Started listening again from the beginning and came across this quote from Sark in Ep 8: "I would love to play in a Blaine DM'd game." IT WAS FORETOLD!!!

• Like 1

I've been binge listening to the back episodes for the last few weeks, and finally caught up to everything here. It's been great from start to finish, and Im looking forward to this new adventure.

Sarah had the best joke: "Do you have 12 derks?" Hahaha. Awesome show guys, you are all very funny people. I'm glad you are continuing the show as opposed to letting that giant baby win!

• Like 3

I'm with those of you who love Hug's character voice. It had me cracking up at work (as usual). This episode was a little slow, but the DM work seems to leave more room for our players' comedy chops to shine. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this campaign plays out.

Sign in to follow this