🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
action52

Comedy Bang Bang Season 3 is starting!

Off to a great start! Loved all the Wilhelms snuck in to the introductory misdirect.

• Like 2

The first episode seemed a little off to me until the glorious ending, where all the insanity came full circle. And the Craig Robinson episode was just a a classic front to back.

I think I figured out how to get us...free pizza...for life!

I just got round to seeing the Jenna Fischer episode. Best one yet.

Oh, I still have time to play before it gets dark outside!

• Like 1

Got an update on my previous post: the Lizzy Caplan episode is even better.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, found them incredibly entertaining, but this year has really brought the funnies to a whole new level. That jingle effect when Scott shakes his hands during the Cheez-It commercial had me in stitches. And speaking of Stiches (call back... Payday), that distinct style of sound effect has generally been used really well this year. It's subtler than Tim & Eric Awesome Show, but still stinks of Abso-Lutely, in the best way possible.

And the whole 'best of' format was just so great. They're really killing it with the episode themes this season. GREAT JOB!

Got an update on my previous post: the Lizzy Caplan episode is even better.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, found them incredibly entertaining, but this year has really brought the funnies to a whole new level. That jingle effect when Scott shakes his hands during the Cheez-It commercial had me in stitches. And speaking of Stiches (call back... Payday), that distinct style of sound effect has generally been used really well this year. It's subtler than Tim & Eric Awesome Show, but still stinks of Abso-Lutely, in the best way possible.

And the whole 'best of' format was just so great. They're really killing it with the episode themes this season. GREAT JOB!

Holy shit! I wrote that comment before I'd even finished watching. That 'dumb-bell' joke almost merited a bonus comment on its lonesome, but then - cue unbridled joy - Scott dropped a reference to my favourite person in the galaxy, ever: Beck!

For me, this episode just shot into the television stratosphere. It's up there orbitting with the finale of MASH and that episode of The News with the waterskiing squirrel.

I listened to the commentary track on the season one finale recently and Scott mentioned that IFC advised him to set a template and save the "high concept shows" for later seasons.

The evolution of the show has really occurred noticeably with each new episode since that season 1 finale. It's crazy to see how far the show has come concept-wise since season 1. A total joy to behold!

• Like 1

I listened to the commentary track on the season one finale recently and Scott mentioned that IFX advised him to set a template and save the "high concept shows" for later seasons.

The evolution of the show has really occurred noticeably with each new episode since that season 1 finale. It's crazy to see how far the show has come concept-wise since season 1. A total joy to behold!

That's really interesting. I haven't heard the commentary, but that totally makes sense. It really is great to see it come into its own - especially since we know there's another (bumper) season coming.

I just got round to watching last week's episode with Victor Ramos. What a laugh riot!

"Wait, you're making it into a show now?!"

• Like 1

Tonight's Halloween episode was fucking incredible. Neil Campbell at his best.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this