🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 285 — Solo Bolo

You asked for it and now you’ve got it! Ben Schwartz aka Benny Schwaz of House of Pies is here for a SOLO BOLO episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! What can you expect from a Solo Bolo? Tons of singing, classic impressions, and real talk between bros. So listen to this in the morning or listen to this at night because any time of day for Solo Bolo is alright!

• Like 3

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand 10 more minutes.

• Like 5

Who first said solo bolo?

This must be an old episode, the pictures are from the last studio.

I'll do your podcast advertising survey right now--the majority of your listeners cannot afford to shop from Bonobos or Trunk Club. Even with a discount, most of us don't pay $80 for one pair of pants.

Also, this wasn't the greatest episode. Certainly nothing special or memorable about it. I can only handle so much of Ben Schwartz trying to riff on every other word before I need a PFT or a Daly or an Adomian etc. to come in as a character and do the damn thing. I like Benny Schwazz but this was a little much.

• Like 3

I think, as solo bolos go, this one was high in soloness and boloness. There was maybe a little too much bolo and not enough solo if you know what I mean (because I don't) but it certainly had solo and bolo elements to it that I enjoyed.

• Like 3

^^ This guy's a barrel of fun.

Seriously. Someone woke up in a bad mood today.

• Like 5

Its been a while since we had a bbbbbonusssssss episode. I love me some Benny Schwaz, can't wait to listen!

• Like 1

Long time, first time. I enjoy pants and this solo bolo.

Oh, and we can afford $80 pants because of all of the savings we get from free-ish entertainment. Treat yourself and become less cranky.

• Like 8

I seriously don't understand the mentality behind posting something highly negative on the official forum for this thing we all enjoy. We're all here as big fans, that's why we sought the forums out. What is accomplished by hating on the advertisers and episodes you don't enjoy? Just be like, "eh, this week's ep is not for me" and listen to something else. It's free, it's not something that takes effort to shut off, and no one is forcing you to buy $80 pants. It's a real bummer when the hosts, guests, or engineers come on these forums and have to see posts like that, because its discouraging and the last thing we want is our free comedy to be discouraged.

• Like 15

I was thrown off at first because I had expected a Han Solo Bolo. However, I quickly got over my shock. How could you not when there's that much singing of partial Motown songs?

Always awesome to have Benny Schwaz on board!

• Like 2

I always think it would be great to just keep doing the podcast as long as possible, preferably if you record it late at night. Next Solo Bolo, perhaps

Also next time get some bolo ties in there

• Like 1

The chemistry between Scott and House of PIes star Benchwarmers may be matched (Paul F Tompkins immediately comes to mind), but I can't think of another guest who brings such a palpable energy. It was full throttle from the first word, and they are only too eager to make sure that everything becomes a bit, which I rather enjoy.

Regards

P.S. In case anybody else's life was halted until they knew for sure, 'monologist' is indeed a word.

• Like 1

I seriously don't understand the mentality behind posting something highly negative on the official forum for this thing we all enjoy. We're all here as big fans, that's why we sought the forums out. What is accomplished by hating on the advertisers and episodes you don't enjoy? Just be like, "eh, this week's ep is not for me" and listen to something else. It's free, it's not something that takes effort to shut off, and no one is forcing you to buy $80 pants. It's a real bummer when the hosts, guests, or engineers come on these forums and have to see posts like that, because its discouraging and the last thing we want is our free comedy to be discouraged.

Is your response not the same thing? You could have said "eh, this post is not for me". I am equally baffled as to why other opinions are not welcome. He wasn't rude or disrespectful; he just said he didn't like the episode. I am personally flattered by your stance, but I'm confident that our forum posts aren't their gauge of success. There is what, maybe 1 post per several thousand downloads? Scott also periodically mentions how brutal the AV Club comments are... they all know what kind of place the internet is.

The advertisement comment did perplex me a bit. I'm certain that Scott surely has a better idea of the demographics of the show. New studios, new equipment, etc, would suggest that he's doing alright. I think that would be more of a complaint with the advertiser as well... I don't see why he would reject advertiser money even if he thought it wouldn't sell well.

Regards

• Like 3

Also, this wasn't the greatest episode. Certainly nothing special or memorable about it. I can only handle so much of Ben Schwartz trying to riff on every other word before I need a PFT or a Daly or an Adomian etc. to come in as a character and do the damn thing. I like Benny Schwazz but this was a little much.

Maybe it's just me, but when I listen to Comedy Bang! Bang! I prefer a guest like, I don't know, an Andy Daly or James Adomian. Those are the types of guests that I like.

• Like 4

Thank you for the BBBBBBBBBBONUSSSSSS show! I love me some Ben Schwartz.....nay, I adore Benny Schwazz! Would you believe a slight man crush on Ben? This Thursday on Earwolf is chocked packed with amazeness...Hot Saucerman on Pardo, new Foglenest Files, new Improv4Humans, and a CBB of amazeball porportions...

SOLO BOLO DANCE!

tumblr_m9zxxaLZm31qkm565o1_250.gif

• Like 12

I'm going to start a Change.org petition to change the name "Thursday" to "Podcast Christmas."

Also, I hope this image doesn't cause anyone to have a cow:

VhHICrj.png

• Like 8

Loved the Solo Bolo, can't get much better than Scottie and Schwaz goofing around and having a good time.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but at least for the DCM version of The Straight Men the idea is to make the normal thing that the other person said sound crazy, constantly undermining each other.

• Like 1

Weirdly I had been listening to the Benny Schwaz/PFT episode repeatedly for the past week so I was pretty pumped for this Solo Bolo. I usually hate musicals but hearing that Little Shop of Horrors song was pretty great. And yes, Ben has a different energy than PFT or Adam Scott but I dig it.

Definitely can't think of "Superstition", or 13-month old babies, in the same way again.

Sign in to follow this