🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 286 — Time Bobby 3

Apparently Andrew Lloyd Webber thinks an American accent is the same thing as a Kermit impression

• Like 10

I've listented to only this Time Bobby and the 2nd and the 3rd and all of the 1st, but to me for me I would rank them as 4,3,nose, 1. Oh, you guys are only on the third one? In the future the fourth one is best. You'll enjoy it. (the ending of this one nearly stabbed me to death with laughter)

• Like 2

this episode was fucking insane and i loved every second of it.. too many things to pick out as a favorite but im gonna do it anyway, the part where they were unzipping was probably one of the hardest times ive ever laughed.. Are you feeling Randy lloyd weber was a treasure..coco marx?? little shop singing and Rottweiler snatch made me snort.. fuck comedy bang bang is unstoppable!! thank you choctaw! not sure what you are into if you don't like these eps..

The last line. All I can say, the last line.

Also the rest of it. When it started I honestly had a moment of "Another Time Bobby? Hasn't that vein been pretty thoroughly mined?" But I take that all back, this episode made my Monday.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Forville slipped in a line from Slam by Onyx.

"But but but wait it gets worse". Genius!

• Like 3

ziiip!

[Three minutes of everyone circling eachother warily, unsure about where this new revelation has taken them, waiting for someone to make a move.]

[And then...]

[...]

CHARACSPLOSION!

• Like 3

Anyone check the photos and recognize the woman in the studio with them?

I think its Erinn Hayes, but that's just a guess. Speaking of the pics, I know I've seen PFT wear that jacket 3-4 times already.

I was bussin' up so hard when Scott unzipped, and became Don DiMello.

I'd like to request an album where Werner Herzog just threateningly sings Disney songs. "Don't you dare close your eyes."

• Like 4

On my gravestone it will say "Ziiiip! It's me! I was lying the whole time!"

• Like 1

Oh, that ending was great. It makes me think about my ultimate fantasy for a CBB podcast where Andy Daly, James Adomian, and PFT are the 3 guests and they slip in and out of their various characters.

• Like 7

This episode certainly wasn't special or memorable. I can only handle so much of Fourvel trying to stab everyone and curse every other word. And ALW? We get it: he adds the suffix 'ing' to everything, and that's the entirety of his 'character.'

ZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIP!

Just kidding! This episode was a lot of fun! Jazz Jazz got some love!

• Like 8

I haven't finished the eipsode yet, but I had to point out that "I'm a homeless scamp who lives on the street and I have one of the cleanest B-holes in history" should go on Bobby Moynihan's gravestone as the funniest thing he's ever said.

• Like 2

Bobby Moynihan knew who Jazz Jazz was! The hardest I've ever laughed from CBB was when Jazz Jazz tried to get Nate Fielder to come to Queens and whisper jokes.

• Like 7

I haven't finished the eipsode yet, but I had to point out that "I'm a homeless scamp who lives on the street and I have one of the cleanest B-holes in history" should go on Bobby Moynihan's gravestone as the funniest thing he's ever said.

That line got to me too. Just the way he said 'b-hole' felt so crude and perfect.

Anyone check the photos and recognize the woman in the studio with them?

Pretty sure it's Brynn O'Malley, noted Broadway actress and Bobby Moynihan's girlfriend.

• Like 1

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I just don't think the Time Bobby series is that great. I'm about half way through this episode (haven't heard this ending everyone is talking about) and while I've laughed a few times I still don't understood why this series is so popular. It always has (and I'm guessing will continue to) appeared on the year end top 10, which baffles me a bit. Each episode strikes me as an average CBB episode rather than one of the year's best (or GOAT, as other people have claimed). Oh well. I'll show myself out.

You made this post halfway through the episode? What's the deal with this trend of commenters not finishing episodes before talking them down?

That said, the episode gets a bunch quicker about 1 hour through.

• Like 1

Question for Werner Herzog: Who's got two thumbs and wears a costume?

Dis-guise.

• Like 3

That ending/zip sequence was the most ridiculous thing ever and I loved every minute of it. The Sheriff of Nottingham impression was flawless and the Huell Howser one was pretty good too.

I'm also starting to think knowing Little Shop of Horrors is a prerequisite in order to come on the show. I didn't expect the sing a long but I was tickled just the same.

I also nearly choked to death when Fourvel mentioned being paid 14 dollars to drown William Shattner's wife. My personal favorite line of the show.

• Like 1

I liked this one better than the 2nd but less than the 1st. It started and finished brilliantly, but it kind of dragged in the middle. Mind, the acronym bit has never been a favorite of mine so I might biased. Bobby is one of three people where I feel like PFT can kick it into 3rd gear and they can still push him. I really wish he was on more. Fantastic stuff.

• Like 3

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I just don't think the Time Bobby series is that great. I'm about half way through this episode (haven't heard this ending everyone is talking about) and while I've laughed a few times I still don't understood why this series is so popular. It always has (and I'm guessing will continue to) appeared on the year end top 10, which baffles me a bit. Each episode strikes me as an average CBB episode rather than one of the year's best (or GOAT, as other people have claimed). Oh well. I'll show myself out.

nobody cares

• Like 9

I liked this one better than the 2nd but less than the 1st. It started and finished brilliantly, but it kind of dragged in the middle. Mind, the acronym bit has never been a favorite of mine so I might biased a bit. Bobby is one of three people where I feel like PFT can kick it into 3rd gear and they can still push him. I really wish he was on more. Fantastic stuff.

Regarding the mnemonic bits, what I enjoyed on TB3 (that was somewhat absent from TB2 from what I can recall) was that everyone expressed fatigue in creating them at one point or another, because the bit is indeed exhausting. This endeared me to the bit more, because I knew we were in the bit together. This was not an issue with TB1 because K.N.I.F.E.G.R.A.B. was manageable to an extent, both in number of letters as well as what each letter stood for. But from what I can recall of TB2, they just soldiered on with their crazy Fry Vault mnemonic, and while still funny, my brain was fried trying to keep up.

Of course a bit must be elevated if it is to be repeated, so it's nice to know they're mining it for comedy while acknowledging that what they're doing is increasingly insane and unwieldy. To use a fun-with-spaghetti analogy, if one starts with fistfuls of crisp, uncooked noodles and waves them around and hits the coutnertop with them, their rigid uncookedness makes a certain sound and they break and shatter in a delightful mess of poppy-ness. When you're done having your fun, you throw them in the pot of boiling water. They cook a bit, then you decide you want to wave them around some more. Now the noodles are a little softer. So you thrash them around harder, and it's messier because now they're wet too. They're not really snapping, but they're spraying water everywhere, which is its own kind of fun. At the end of the day, you're still waving fistfuls of noodles around. By the third time out the noodles are wet and limp. Now in order to replicate the flailing that preceded these cooked noodles, you must thrash them around frantically, slapping against things with onomatopoeian squishes. Now you can fling them against cabinet doors and delight in them sticking to walls. It's still funny for sure, but the bit has evolved out of necessity to not be repetitious in its delivery. You break a noodle. You squish a noodle. You throw a noodle against a wall to see if it sticks That's how you get comedy out of repetition.

Actually, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I think I'm just hungry.

• Like 2