🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BrianBouton

Who was in the second Skirball show in NY last night?

It was a "solo polo" with PFT for the first since Adam Scott was a no-show, so I'm curious what happened in the second?

Aukerman said the ticket sales for the second show were lower than the first due to what he guessed was competition with Sunday's Game of Thrones and, more likely, Mother's Day. :)

This was my second live taping of CBB and it wasn't as enjoyable as last year's tour with The Birthday Boys and PFT bringing out Cake Boss. I felt terrible for PFT and Scott who must have been left in the lurch at the last minute scrambling how to make a show out of just the two of them for a packed Skirball theater.

Unfortunately, they brought out Ice-T* and Werner Herzog to fill the time which are two of PFT's lesser characters as opposed to Gary Marshall, Cake Boss, and Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber. Still, I sympathize that PFT had just done Weber and Marshall recently.

Tough gig but the crowd was eating it up and eager to laugh at everything including old in-jokes and callbacks. It was very cool to see so many fellow CBB listeners in one place together since podcasts are such a solitary experience.

*Ice-T was a rough first-time experience for my girlfriend who knew nothing about the show and then sees a white guy doing an impression of a black rapper with no context. Then Scott throws in a "is acting anything like slinging crack" question...you can imagine the rest of the night's conversation.

This was my second live taping of CBB and it wasn't as enjoyable as last year's tour with The Birthday Boys and PFT bringing out Cake Boss. I felt terrible for PFT and Scott who must have been left in the lurch at the last minute scrambling how to make a show out of just the two of them for a packed Skirball theater.

Unfortunately, they brought out Ice-T* and Werner Herzog to fill the time which are two of PFT's lesser characters as opposed to Gary Marshall, Cake Boss, and Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber. Still, I sympathize that PFT had just done Weber and Marshall recently.

How can you call yourself a fan?! I would have killed to see this.

How can you call yourself a fan?! I would have killed to see this.

Come on, I think his criticism seemed even handed. He respectfully explained why he didn't really enjoy the show, but gave credit to PFT and Scott for trying.

I don't think he was rude in any way, unlike several posters on last week's Solo Bolo episode.

Damn, that sucks - I feel bad for Scott and PFT.

From what I saw on Twitter it looks like Bobby Moynihan showed up for the second show - I saw something about Wyatt Cynac too but I don't know if he showed up for just a few minutes or bailed entirely.

I would have showed up for both shows last night except that it was the first mother's day for my former girlfriend whom I married and I don't want to have to sleep on the couch.

I also had to miss the last New York shows in October because those shows landed on the week of her due date - My son's always gumming up my plans - he doesn't let me get to do anything fun!

Come on, I think his criticism seemed even handed. He respectfully explained why he didn't really enjoy the show, but gave credit to PFT and Scott for trying.

I don't think he was rude in any way, unlike several posters on last week's Solo Bolo episode.

I just thought it was weird he's a fan of the show and doesn't like Werner Herzog and Ice T, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Criticism makes life interesting!

• Like 1

Damn, that sucks - I feel bad for Scott and PFT.

Agreed. Sitting in the second row, you could tell they were trying to figure it out the best they could which was endearing. To be fair to Adam Scott, who has been amazing on the Huey Lewis Podcast and one other I can't remember, it was Mother's Day and that's the time we celebrate the women who've had children come from their bing-bong.

(There was one great moment during the show warm-up where Scott asked if there were any mothers in the crowd to dead silence. Two mothers were eventually found but the crowd was remarkably young as you'd expect at NYU.)

Wow, I wish we had seen Bobby Moynihan. :) I would definitely buy tickets the next time they come through, and I do get people thinking I'm ungrateful but I live in NYC and there are at least two comedy clubs in the city and one improv group. We're a bit spoiled.

First show:

Scott with PFT, Ice-t, Werner Herzog, and Cake Boss (cake boss!).

Scott said that Adam Scott was scheduled but dropped out an hour before, more than a little disappointing for me, and I think a lot of other people. I know he was my #1 choice for favorite guest.

Second Show:

Scott with Wyatt Cenac, then Alan Thicke and Fourville. :)

First show:

Scott with PFT, Ice-t, Werner Herzog, and Cake Boss (cake boss!).

Scott said that Adam Scott was scheduled but dropped out an hour before, more than a little disappointing for me, and I think a lot of other people. I know he was my #1 choice for favorite guest.

Second Show:

Scott with Wyatt Cenac, then Alan Thicke and Fourville. :)

Wow, the second show was clearly the one to attend.

Yeesh - hope this doesn't affect their relationship on U Talkin' U2 To Me?

Damn.. Cake Boss and ALW/Fourvil are my absolute favorites... so disappointed I missed this. I was even in NYC last night... but didn't know it was happening (was at the Vulture comedy fest happening at the same time)

Yeesh - hope this doesn't affect their relationship on U Talkin' U2 To Me?

I don't think so. Reading between the comic lines, Scott graciously admitted he hadn't realized it was Mother's Day and noted Adam was a good father for allowing Ms. Scott, diehard U2 fan, some time with her friends last night. Just bad timing is all.

Wow, the second show was clearly the one to attend.

The second show is always the one to go to, ya dingbat!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this