🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 32 — B.J. Novak, Our Close Friend

That's what the "like" button is for. Please stop spamming these forums.

lol

• Like 11

That's what the "like" button is for. Please stop spamming these forums.

I couldn't find the like button on my keyboard so I HAVE to LOL this way. Sorry.

• Like 3

im on the right track baby i will lol this way

• Like 9

people will like many posts for many reasons but if i find something very clever and give it a nice quote that shows more appreciation and i hope makes the person feel good, if its very very annoying to several ppl (and tim isnt just joshing me) i guess i can stop

• Like 5

Why is everyone talking about League of Legends?

• Like 1

no you are confused, LOL means 'love our lord', my gramma told me

• Like 5

people will like many posts for many reasons but if i find something very clever and give it a nice quote that shows more appreciation and i hope makes the person feel good, if its very very annoying to several ppl (and tim isnt just joshing me) i guess i can stop

That's really insensitive because there isn't someone on this forum named Josh and using that slur is insensitive. Please stop.

• Like 3

not to be rude, but what the devil does HONLADS mean anyway

Who knows? It's just a couple of sillybills to address me by, as far as I'm concerned. I've found out that if you google it, you'll find a lot of the comedy I've been working on over the past few years. It's sort of long form improv/character based stuff. My character is a guy who unironically comments on a number of websites. He looks shitty and boring at first, but the funny thing is, he is.

• Like 9

oh cool, ty

• Like 3

I believe "Sean Hayes" is a legal fiction created by Sean and Hayes to get around SAG and WGA restrictions on the maximum amount of pay permitted in a single tax year.

So S+H employ some dumbf**k nobody to act as their legal proxy - that way they can work on their sitcom and game night projects through "him" ("he" is technically a corporation), while also maxing out their own personal Annual Permitted Pay levels.

I guess those are the kinds of loopholes you can exploit if you can afford to keep Power Lawyers LLP on retainer.

• Like 3

guys I got high while reading that laweekly interview and started down an indica fueled mind journey exploring pics of the bros, past reviews of the shows, and interviews from the first days of RSS til present time. eventually the drugs wore off and i snapped back to reality with an unshakable feeling of 'was i asleep or is this deja vu'? while i was not sure what happened to the last 4 hours I was sure of one thing, if i still like this show in another six months than I will be perceived as a mere hipster. I Love that S+H are finally getting some of the credit they definitely deserve and to see a community of like-minded comedy heads rally around them in support, but at what point do we lose touch? when does HH become a faceless corporation, an out of touch business that treats its fan base as a statistic, cutting off the personal connection and participation. the bros are blowing up and my heart soars for that but i die a little inside every time it takes me an hour to catch up on the forums after just a day or two because of its popularity. my thoughts harken back to a time when just the knowledge of the shows' existence was your initiation into a unique tribe. An escape from the doldrums of life and the gelatinous minds that wander the southeastern united states. an institution that i belonged to that finally wasnt preceded by 'mental'. just think about how the first 50 fans of Nirvana felt by 1991... Im not judging or condemning or even trying to bring a bad vibe to the board i guess im just rage/vent/ranting at this point but somebodys got to feel me right?!?! anyways its been a rough week and i miss chanson, i hated him until he was gone, which im sure has been his plan all along. and wtf?! where is huglife?! why havent we formed a search party?! its bullshit! Drops Mic. ive got to stick to sativa man dammit...

• Like 4

guys I got high while reading that laweekly interview and started down an indica fueled mind journey exploring pics of the bros, past reviews of the shows, and interviews from the first days of RSS til present time. eventually the drugs wore off and i snapped back to reality with an unshakable feeling of 'was i asleep or is this deja vu'? while i was not sure what happened to the last 4 hours I was sure of one thing, if i still like this show in another six months than I will be perceived as a mere hipster. I Love that S+H are finally getting some of the credit they definitely deserve and to see a community of like-minded comedy heads rally around them in support, but at what point do we lose touch? when does HH become a faceless corporation, an out of touch business that treats its fan base as a statistic, cutting off the personal connection and participation. the bros are blowing up and my heart soars for that but i die a little inside every time it takes me an hour to catch up on the forums after just a day or two because of its popularity. my thoughts harken back to a time when just the knowledge of the shows' existence was your initiation into a unique tribe. An escape from the doldrums of life and the gelatinous minds that wander the southeastern united states. an institution that i belonged to that finally wasnt preceded by 'mental'. just think about how the first 50 fans of Nirvana felt by 1991... Im not judging or condemning or even trying to bring a bad vibe to the board i guess im just rage/vent/ranting at this point but somebodys got to feel me right?!?! anyways its been a rough week and i miss chanson, i hated him until he was gone, which im sure has been his plan all along. and wtf?! where is huglife?! why havent we formed a search party?! its bullshit! Drops Mic. ive got to stick to sativa man dammit...

Maybe they (chanceton / hug-lives) saw this coming and starting walking into the ocean with pockets full of rocks, staring off into the horizon. They said goodbye and went to a place where new RSS episodes never stopped, and we all get to talk about our 'challenge free agents' fantasy league that our friends put together (this is a real thing).

Their much deserved fame is kind of like when the person you're dating gets a cool promotion or something, and they have this new responsibility in life. They really want to 'stay the same' and 'be there for you' but you know it will never be the same. Before you know it, they're dressing like Gordon Bombay in Mighty Ducks 2 and staying out late drinking all night with 'co workers'. The coke stains and the bags under the eyes. The Icelandic whores...

• Like 10

THANK YOU. Geez this has been running through my mind for a while now. I thought I was the only one. It only struck me a couple weeks ago, I said to myself "HELL! I better start posting on the boards before HH gets gobbled up by the mainstream monster." "FREAKIN' HECK!!", I said. "FRICK", was another thing I said.

Look guys, I bought the pro version this week. I didn't receive my due prize, and I played it off as a big joke. I worked it into a visual bit, because that's who I am. What was I supposed to do? Leave the funny zone? Turn myself off? Get out of here. But, truth be told, I was hurt. It hurt me to not have a book by BJ Novak named after me. Did it make me cry? Who can say? I've got nothing against my boys Hayes & Sean, they're sweet dudes with hearts of golds, but maybe they're losing touch a little?? Maybe, just maybe. I just hope the guys can stay grounded as their lives truly take flight, like a hot air balloon lifting off the ground or a plane.

• Like 8

Hey guys, I want to know if you're ever gonna get Mimby on the show! It's like you guys don't even try, or maybe since one of you wrote on Eastbounding Down you could get the real life Kenny Powers on, I don't know why there are writers on a reality show by the dubs!

Also side note I hate Tim Treese, he's all like look at me and stuff. Plus I'm pretty sure he's a fake nerd girl!

• Like 5

Hey guys, I want to know if you're ever gonna get Mimby on the show! It's like you guys don't even try, or maybe since one of you wrote on Eastbounding Down you could get the real life Kenny Powers on, I don't know why there are writers on a reality show by the dubs!

Also side note I hate Tim Treese, he's all like look at me and stuff. Plus I'm pretty sure he's a fake nerd girl!

Wow way to come out of nowhere... Jerk much?

• Like 1

Yeah, I pissed you off! Don't know how tho. Can't have all the pudding in the pond, so they say.

• Like 2

haha, i skipped reading the forum that week i guess, wow those are some bad posts

• Like 6