🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

I Love Trouble (1994)

Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte play two newspaper journalists who go on the run while falling in love with each other after they came across a big story that causes their lives to be threatened.

In addition to both actors having zero chemistry with each other, Roberts and Nolte also didn't get along on the set of this movie as well!

Bump this movie was God fucking awful. Terrible plot, and as stated above Roberts and Nolte have like negative chemistry.

This was mentioned in "The People Vs. OJ Simpson", and I'll be damned if I haven't heard this movie even REFERED to in the last 20 years. It's a relatively deep cut.

• Like 1

They need to do this one at some point, it's terribly written, has an insane plot and both leads fucking hated each other during filming. I've heard stories of romantic leads not liking each other on other films, but in most cases you can't tell because usually their commitment to giving a good performance supersedes their personal feelings towards the other.

Not the case in this movie, and as a result the first half of this movie where they're supposed to not like each other due to plot reasons, is the most believable part of the entire film. And even when they're supposed to be falling in love they both continue to give off vibes that they still cannot stand the other person. 

• Like 1

Throwing in my vote for this one as well. I actually LOVED it as a kid when it first came out (I have no justification for this). And now... oof... and it all boils down to duh duh duh... Cancer milk! I think  J J P would have a blast with this one. 

• Like 1

It's pretty amazing to me that Nick Nolte had more onscreen sexual chemistry with Martin Short in Three Fugitives than he ever did with Julia Roberts in this. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this