🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Professor69

Anything with Jeff Goldblum

Has he been in one yet? There are so many classics. Earth Girls Are Easy. Independence Day. The Fly. Transylvania 6-5000. I know he was on The League, but come on. He's greatly weird.

well, most of the movies you said are pretty great (The Fly? you think that's a bad movie? what's wrong with you?)

but holy shit, Earth Girls Are Easy would be totally perfect. I actually just watched it again the other day, I hadn't seen it in years, and it's def insane.

• Like 1

His role on the league may be the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

The thing about Goldblum that I love is that, even if he appears in trash, he always, 100% of the time, makes the movie he's in better. It might not help the realism of the film, but seeing him always brings me joy... and in the case of the movies named, realism isn't the goal anyway. Independence Day, which is super-dumb, and the Fly, which is both visually and intellectually brilliant, benefit from his twitchy peculiarity. That is actually why any of these movies would work for a HDTGM episode; it would give the hosts something entertaining to talk about. His mellifluous voice would also make him a great guest. I know that is unlikely, but a boy can dream.

• Like 1

I totally agree The Fly was great. But it was also bat-shit insane, which seems part of the criterea for selecting movies. That scene where he pukes on his food and then starts to eat it? He says to his leading lady, "Oh, that was probably disgusting," or something like that. Truly freaky.

If they did The Fly the entire episode will consist of nothing but June saying, 'So upsetting' over and over again.

Sign in to follow this