🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
pinkflaming0

Observe and Report

I love Seth Rogen and think that Jody Hill has made some amazing movies, but Observe and Report was one of the only movies that has ever left me and everyone else in the room staring at the TV, open mouthed and asking "what the FUCK did we just watch?" When the movie came out, it was around the same time as Paul Blart, Mall Cop, and I thought that it was going to be basically the same movie, but much funnier and raunchier. After watching, Paul Blart deserves an Oscar compared to the awful disaster that was Observe and Report. I'd love to hear them figure out this stupid storyline.

You are completely wrong. Observe and Report is hilarious and awesome

The real question is, you thought it was going to be like Paul Blart and that's why you watched it?

just no no no no no.

• Like 4

This is an awesome flick. There's definitely a number of crazy characters and outrageous stuff that happens, but they work well within the context of the movie. The reason it gets so insane at the end is because it's from the point of view of a character who is mentally ill and goes off his meds.

Quite frankly, I would've liked this movie a lot better if it wasn't trying to be a comedy. As a comedy, it doesn't work, but as a dark drama, it actually works better.

Two words for why this movie won't ever be covered by the show: Aziz Ansari.

Also Paul has often said that comedies are hard to do on the show. Unless it's an insane tonal misfire like All About Steve or Stop or My Mom Will Shoot I don't think it would really work.

• Like 1

This is such a crazy/great movie. I cant fucking believe this movie didnt get more love when it first came out.

• Like 1

I think it's so dark and the main character is pretty unlikeable that people have a problem with that.

Its just weird that Eastbound and Down got a better initial reception despite being so similar in tone to Observe and Report.

Its just weird that Eastbound and Down got a better initial reception despite being so similar in tone to Observe and Report.

It helps that "Eastbound and Down" not only has jokes and humor, but it also doesn't go anywhere near as dark as "O&R."

The date rape scene in O&R is pretty disturbing, like Todd Solondz disturbing. Eastbound & Down never did anything that dark.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this