🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 12 — Slowing It Down 2

I was sort of expecting this, but still....

YZT45ox.gif

I can't wait to get deep into this one. Its sure to be funny. Especially because the guest is never not funny. Scott and Jimmy are always a barrel of laughs when they get together in a podding cast environment. (And something, something, U2, something, something)

What are they reacting to in this gif?

I'm starting to feel awful for Kulap and Naomi Scott and think they should start their own rival podcast together.

I think having them be guests on an ep of U Talkin U2 To Me? just talking about how much they hate it would be hilarious

I have to believe this will happen. I have to believe that.

I don't know the answer but Jimmy seems to like betting $5 on various things during the shows, i.e. what year something happened in or what date or how many thisses or thats blah blah blah. If I had to guess, they just did something like that and Jimmy got the exact answer.

I was wondering why they didn't go into an ep of "Eagle Doc Talk" but then I realized it's because Scott A. would never co-sign on that. It was still awesome to hear Adam and Jimmy go in so hard (for what seemed like fifteen minutes total) on the Eagles doc and Scott writhing in agony.

• Like 2

I love that the Scotts record these in marathon, multi-episode sessions, so that by the end everybody's nerves are so frayed that they're all fifty-fifty fake mad/actually sort of irritated with each other. Somehow it makes it all so real.

• Like 3

I loved the Scott line to Jimmy when he was all like, "if you're wondering when we 'get there,' we're already here."

Scott is the best. Scott is a close second, though.

This podcast is just fantastic, I think the show is at it's best when you can tell they are tired, want to go home, and are just sincerely annoyed at each other. I want this show to go on forever.

• Like 1

He correctly guessed that "Seasons in the Sun" was the song that knocked "Spiders and Snakes" off the top of the charts in 1974.

• Like 3

I am glad someone else mentioned Svengoolie! I was SO DELIGHTED! (I actually watch Svengoolie every Saturday night, but I think his audience doesn't overlap with this one all that much?)

I am glad someone else mentioned Svengoolie! I was SO DELIGHTED! (I actually watch Svengoolie every Saturday night, but I think his audience doesn't overlap with this one all that much?)

I preferred Wolfman Mac, but RTV became MeTV in my area and they switched late night horror hosts. Sadness.

O man Scott, when you say "Achtung Baby" at 52:48 I fell over and laughed sooooo hard, and then repeated that process quite a few more times, sooooo dang funny!!!!!

I went to the NY shows and Scott was not a guest (though Scott did say that we would hear them making the plans on this week's UTU22M episode. So close to an Adam Scott Aukerman live show, but it wasn't meant to be.

Scott's anger at the Eagles talk was wonderful.

Me too, me too. It was a bummer.

Adam Scott claimed that R.E.M. was the greatest American Rock band. While I don't think this is true I found it hard to come up with other contenders.

Obviously there are bands I enjoy more than R.E.M., but when taking into consideration the criteria one must consider when deciding the greatest American rock band, the bands I enjoy don't really cut the mustard

Criteria: Commercial success, Critical success, longevity, influence on music.

The only other bands I could think of that may compete with R.E.M. are as follows:

CCR

Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Eagles

Are there any other bands that come to mind when you think of the greatest American Rock Band?

Yeah, I'm only even dimly aware of R.E.M. (to Scott's horror, I'm sure), but I have yet to come up with a better alternative than R.E.M.

Especially if this is predicated on the idea that The Doors don't qualify but R.E.M. might be a contender.

I took this very seriously and tried to tackle it from a mathematical standpoint, The Doors did not get the numbers. The closest contenders were CCR and Aerosmith. Unless you count "and the" bands in which case Bruce Springsteen and the E street band are the greatest. But I do not count them.

• Like 1

From 2005 U2 playing Cry that is more formally known as Electric Co. from Boy. They mention that they played it at Aragon Ballroom in 1984!

I guess I'm talking U2 to U Guyz?

This is pretty amazing!

Didn't listen to this podcast when the episodes were first going out, and now listening to it post album release is kinda neat. Like a little time capsule of music history and humor.

Went to see The Hobbit on Christmas.

Bilbo, desperately, to a dying Thorin: Look, the eagles are here!

Me: SHUT UP about the FUCKING Eagles!

• Like 5

Adam Scott claimed that R.E.M. was the greatest American Rock band. While I don't think this is true I found it hard to come up with other contenders.

Obviously there are bands I enjoy more than R.E.M., but when taking into consideration the criteria one must consider when deciding the greatest American rock band, the bands I enjoy don't really cut the mustard

Criteria: Commercial success, Critical success, longevity, influence on music.

The only other bands I could think of that may compete with R.E.M. are as follows:

CCR

Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Eagles

Are there any other bands that come to mind when you think of the greatest American Rock Band?

Pearl Jam