🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 12 — Slowing It Down 2

mr pardo was so so good

• Like 2

It was hilarious how all three seemed to getting on each other's nerves in this one.

There were many high quality comedic, uh, insults.

This episode was the epitome of 40-year-old dad talk.

That being said, it was hilarious.

• Like 1

I Binged the more work-safe "todd rundgren stage banter" and it seems he's quite full of bizarre statements between and during songs.

If you're going to Bing something, please use Google.

• Like 1

Great ep! I loved the Woody Allen impressions.

tn-500_bonoallenwm152108.jpg

Does anyone actually think that Woody Allen has even a vague clue of who he is standing next to?

Todd Rundgren, Paul McCartney, Joe Jackson, The Eagles, REM, Chicago, Woody Allen... man, there's nothing I love more than listening to you guys talk about all things U2!

• Like 3

I am not afraid to say it - Analyze Phish has been topped by UTU2TM as my all-time favorite podcast. Didn't think that would ever be possible!

I wouldn't say I like this one better, but it definitely has one thing over Analyze Phish: They established they would be talking about non-U2 topics from the get-go. So all the obnoxious U2 fans who get annoyed by any kind of non-U2 conversation just listened, left a bad itunes review, and realized this podcast was not for them. Now Scott and Scott can just do whatever the hell they want, and not be bombarded by people throwing a shitfit like Harris got bombarded by Phish fans after they decided to vary the format for a couple episodes.

oh my god, this was so great. The anger, it was beautiful. I especially loved the Rush (band) talk, since Rush the movie was covered in Slowing It Down 1. Really....I could use even more Rush the band talk. Their latest album, 2012's Clockwork Angels, was pretty terrific for as far into their career as they are. The concert film of the same name is cool too, the string section adds so much to the new and old songs.

Thanks for talking U2 to us. I have now started referring to my cat as "a little boy who wants to be a big boy."

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel awful for Kulap and Naomi Scott and think they should start their own rival podcast together.

U2 stop talkin' U2 2 me!

• Like 4

I have also come to adore this podcast. It is SO much fun and there is such great energy, and Pardo fit right in. And, also, NNF has become one of my favorite podcasts over the last few months.

• Like 1

I'm starting to like some U2 songs thanks to this podcast. I don't care for Bono's dancing one bit though.

I'd love a list of the Scott & Scott™ certified great songs by U2. Too bad I wasn't listening to these episodes with an ear for finding songs to listen to until I'd already listened to the first 12 episodes.

This podcast manages to get dumber with each passing week yet somehow, my love for it continues to grow.

• Like 3

From 2005 U2 playing Cry that is more formally known as Electric Co. from Boy. They mention that they played it at Aragon Ballroom in 1984!

I guess I'm talking U2 to U Guyz?

• Like 2

I have now started referring to my cat as "a little boy who wants to be a big boy."

Yes, this and the "dreams of" variation have definitely crept into my everyday thoughts. I was downright shocked when Scott never used it in reference to the younger incarnation of Fourvel on this week's CBB.

• Like 2

Are you REM sleeping to me?!

I agree that it would be nice to have those jokes crossover into CBB episodes, even if the guests were clueless.

• Like 1

I'm only a few minutes into this ep but yo fuck woody allen yall. it almost seems like people have just forgotten or utterly disregarded everything that came out like only a few months ago.

It's a weird thing in hollywood that it seems to have barely affected him/his career.

i mean I'd rather think him guilty and for him to turn out to be innocent than think him innocent and watch his films and evrything and for him to turn out to have been guilty.

Anyway, i'm loopy on just the best pain pills for the worst toothache right now like that bobs burg's episode so that could be a complete jumble of words up there.

I am giddy listing to a new utalkingu2tome when I'm not all high so I am bouncing off the walls right now. Lets keep this podcast going 5ever thanx please, I want earwolf to be thought of as the u talkin u2 to me network rather than the comedy bang bang network, I want it to sweep the podmass awards this year, it really deserves to cos like someone said earlier I never thought I could love a p'cast more than anaylze phish but yet here we are my dudez. ♥╣[-_-]╠♥

• Like 4

I'm only a few minutes into this ep but yo fuck woody allen yall. it almost seems like people have just forgotten or utterly disregarded everything that came out like only a few months ago.

It's a weird thing in hollywood that it seems to have barely affected him/his career.

i mean I'd rather think him guilty and for him to turn out to be innocent than think him innocent and watch his films and evrything and for him to turn out to have been guilty.

Anyway, i'm loopy on just the best pain pills for the worst toothache right now like that bobs burg's episode so that could be a complete jumble of words up there.

I am giddy listing to a new utalkingu2tome when I'm not all high so I am bouncing off the walls right now. Lets keep this podcast going 5ever thanx please, I want earwolf to be thought of as the u talkin u2 to me network rather than the comedy bang bang network, I want it to sweep the podmass awards this year, it really deserves to cos like someone said earlier I never thought I could love a p'cast more than anaylze phish but yet here we are my dudez. ♥╣[-_-/>]╠♥

I completely agree re Woody Allen. I love the Scotts obviously, but it did bug me a little how little they seemed to care whether he did those things (which I personally do think he's guilty). The willingness with which everyone forgets/forgives just because he's a talented filmmaker is kind of disturbing.

• Like 3

If anyone would like to see Bobcat Goldthwait doing a spot-on impression of Bono in 1988, then go here

and skip to the 49:48 minute mark. It would be great if the Scotts could discuss this on the show.

I completely agree re Woody Allen. I love the Scotts obviously, but it did bug me a little how little they seemed to care whether he did those things (which I personally do think he's guilty). The willingness with which everyone forgets/forgives just because he's a talented filmmaker is kind of disturbing.

I don't know what you guys expected Scott & Scott to say on the matter of Woody Allen outside of them joking to get him on the show to ask him if he likes U2 and whether or not he molested Dylan. They acknowledge it right there. Outside of that context, Woody Allen pretty much exists as a character— one from numerous comedic films that whether we like it or not are ingrained in our comedic culture— for Scott and a million other comedians to do an impression of while injecting him into whatever scene they want, like Entourage.

I'm not saying there is not meaningful discussion to be had about that controversy. There is. We're not going to find a direct address of it on U Talkin' U2 to Me?, and personally I prefer it that way because Woody Allen's whole situation is depressing, and has been for a while.

• Like 2

How come the Scotts talk so much about Bono, Haven't they heard of Michael Stipe?

NEW BONO!

Michael Stipe is Bono now.

I kind of love that you registered just to post this. :D A worthy, uh, first post.

• Like 7

How come the Scotts talk so much about Bono, Haven't they heard of Michael Stipe?

NEW BONO!

Michael Stipe is Bono now.

perfection.

• Like 1