🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
StevoDoccerson

Your characters!

So amongst those of us who've played D&D, what kinds of characters do you play? Here are a few of mine:

Saemorn: Half-orc Monk: raised in a prison after killing his father at age 10, learned to focus his rage to champion for those who can't defend themselves.

Clemm the Lucky: Gnomish Luck/Travel Cleric: the Gene Kelly of Gnomes, charming, and resourceful.

• Like 2

I've been DMing my group's current campaign for a while, but we're switching things up for summer, and I'm going to start playing a Pixie Psion. Nobody in our town believes that I exist, so I fly around with my best friend, the 7 foot half-orc, pretending that he has psionic powers.

• Like 3

Gonchar Hammerbeard - Chaotic Good Dwarf War Cleric of Clanggedin Silverbeard

Thulkoth Mortemaxia - Lawful Neutral Human Mage follower of Kossuth

• Like 2

I pretty much always play rogue or ranger type characters.

Currently a 4e Undisciplined Human Mace Rogue named Jasper. First time I've ever strayed away from the pokey pokey dagger type and I am having a good time with it.

• Like 2

Cyrrus, a 3e Elven ranger who became an Arcane Archer as we ventured into Epic territory. Twice resurrected after being stepped on by colossal creatures. I lost everything but an artifact bow after getting hosed by a green dragon's breath weapon. The three-year campaign, like my equipment, dissolved shortly thereafter.

Niess Dromo, a Drow Ninja of The Crescent Moon who I modeled after the xenomorph from Alien. Black skin, bald head, neutral evil, fear of fire, ranks in Hide, Move Silently, et al. Unaware of what I was planning, our DM had us roll for a random character attribute from a table (possibly of his own creation?), and I got acid blood. SCORE.

• Like 4

There's a Pathfinder in-store event at the comic book store near me, I'm thinking about rolling up either a Halfling Plant Druid, or if we're playing the pirate game I think we're playing, an Undine Water Cleric. I'll let you know how it turns out. (I'm sure you're all very excited.)

• Like 1

I spend more time DMing than playing, but I've rolled up a few in my day. Most notably I played a half-elf bard named Erasmus Stonehand, who ended up becoming a protagonist in the book I just released, a Goliath monk named Kayo Kanoki, and currently I'm running a half-elf cleric of Kord.

• Like 1

When I used to play, I always went towards rogues, bards, thieves and any character that would work best in shadows.

One of my all time favorites was Kotir Bloodbranch, Moon Elf Druid/Thief. She was freaking badass.

• Like 1

I am currently in my first 'campaign' it's really kind of been a string of short adventures. Level 2 Elf Cleric named Abe Linkon.

• Like 1

Currently playing a Human Fighter named Dillo, just got the campaign going so he's basically just being sent out to a generally unexplored desert to kill Orcs. I honestly think our DM is just sending us to our deaths.

I've only played two campaigns, one as a monk who eventually became a drunken master, yet was somehow still a bit dull.

The next one was a conscious effort of cross-class and I created a Bardbarian named Harrison Vicious (after George Harrison and Sid Vicious). It's actually a potent combo, to sing you and your gang strength then wail on the enemy. My DM eventually was cool enough to give me a guitar-axe (which was red, so I called it the Cherry Axe). I also slowly turned into a demon after failing a saving throw and actually became super-bad-ass, at the expense that I always had a taint of evil and occasionally had to make throws not to drink my friends' blood.

• Like 1

I just played my first game of D&D last weekend!

My character's a Lv1 Wood-Gnome illusionist named Gimble Garrick (short-form; his entire name fills four lines of the background of my character sheet). When last we saw our heroes he'd been tied to a rope to swim into a hole just large enough for him alone. Unfortunately he became the world's most well-educated fishing bait -- got grabbed by a fish-man, pulled away from the heroes holding the rope and popped into a cage. Uh-oh! Will he find a way to escape before he becomes fish-food? Tune in next week!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this