🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 287 — Stinky Chips

if you didn't like Ms Chips you need to put your head down and you don't get to play 7 UP!!!!!

• Like 1

I mostly love Ms. Chips, but what she really reminds me of is the Batman villain Poison Ivy: she's greedy, misandrist, has a pouty way of talking, and pheremones that subverted everyone to her will.

I guess since she's only 20-37 she may not have embarked on her life of crime yet.

• Like 1

I saw Shane at the 2013 Portland CBB show and really enjoyed it. He gets a little overshadowed by the guests, but I'd rather have him be a little shy than try to force his way into the conversation. Hope to hear him on future eps!

• Like 1

If they produce anything other than Kulap Vilay-Socks, they can just GO TO HELL.

According to their site: "The subscription costs $11 per pair of socks per month, which includes tax and shipping."

$11 SOCKS!? Don't tell the guy complaining about the $80 Bonobos pants.

• Like 5

I saw Shane at the 2013 Portland CBB show and really enjoyed it. He gets a little overshadowed by the guests, but I'd rather have him be a little shy than try to force his way into the conversation. Hope to hear him on future eps!

Yeah, he was funny, but it was a typical first-timer thing where he sort of fell into the background once Lauren got going. I agree that it's the better approach, but ultimately he didn't make much of an impression.

You can tell Lauren is reaching the upper echelon of (character) guests, because this was really funny throughout (with a few real stand-out moments) even though there really wasn't much of anything "happening".

• Like 2

The thing that did stand out to me about Shane was his comfort level and his ability to play along. I've heard other first time guests just kinda clam up when the character comes on board.

I love Lauren. I really root for her success (she seems to be doing a pretty good job so far!)

• Like 1

Scott did mention that lunchbox story before, I believe when talking with Adam Scott. The story stuck with me, because when I was a child I was genuinely in love with Miss Piggy.

I've since grown out of it, I swear!

• Like 2

I'm a little surprised they didn't release the NY live shows this week - perhaps they're holding them off to put up in the Earwolf store?

"YOUR EYES SAID DICK PICS." One of my favorite quotes ever.

And also I think plain Fritos do have a unique smell, not just the chili cheese ones.

• Like 5

The execution is quite different but they are both female teenage interns who are inappropriately frank about sexual matters with Scott.

Scott pushes them both in that direction, I don't know if it's really a conscious choice by either of them.

"YOUR EYES SAID DICK PICS." One of my favorite quotes every.

YES.

The thing that did stand out to me about Shane was his comfort level and his ability to play along. I've heard other first time guests just kinda clam up when the character comes on board.

I agree. He sounded like a regular.