🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jadams1

What is next? R.E.M.? I hope something!

What is next for Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman?

This has become my favorite podcast and I hope they continue in some fashion. I have loved listening to each U2 album in anticipation of the next podcast and love the chemistry between the two hosts.

I would be all for an R.E.M. podcast or another band just to get into their catalog and have a reason to listen - it reminds me of high school when my friends and I would drive to Best Buy on Tuesday and excitedly buy the new releases of our favorite bands and listen to them all the way through.

After listening to CBB for years, I know these fellas' opinions and musical tastes well-enough to enjoy being a fly on the wall of their musical conversations.

I hadn't listened to U2 in a long while and am now really appreciating them again and the same goes for R.E.M. and several other bands. I would love to have a reason to go album by album through an artists careers (Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles all come to mind).

At any rate, I've appreciated the podcast and am so thankful it exists!

It sounds like they're heading in that REM direction. (Man I hope not)

I could definitely get behind all three of those classic bands, (especially, my namesake Neil Young) but I doubt it.

Might I suggest an established Cali based band like the RHCP. Maybe the Peppermen could make an appearance.

Knowing Adam Scott's fandom, I'd love to hear an R.E.M. podcast. Hopefully, he can fill the audience in on things like:

What town they're from

How many band members there are

Band member names

Some of their songs we may have heard

• Like 6

I legitimately love REM so I would be 100% into a REM podcast. They're one of the only bands I enjoyed when I was a little kid (like 10 or 11) and am not disgusted with myself for enjoying. There's a lot of personal history there, so it'd be great to know what town the band is from, how many albums they have, and what the band members call themselves.

• Like 1

I legitimately love REM so I would be 100% into a REM podcast. They're one of the only bands I enjoyed when I was a little kid (like 10 or 11) and am not disgusted with myself for enjoying. There's a lot of personal history there, so it'd be great to know what town the band is from, how many albums they have, and what the band members call themselves.

REM is the first band I ever liked. Not that I disliked music beforehand, but they were the first band that I recognized myself as being a fan of. However, the relatively new Out of Time ended up not being a good cassette to purchase a 6 year old kid and I didn't become a hardcore fan until after Bill Berry had left. I still remember I'd get super excited whenever they had a new single out.

I wish someone had bought me Document instead. I would have made fewer lame musical purchases in grade school (although the first CD I ever bought with my own money was by Oingo Boingo and I'm damn proud of that).

Out of Time and Automatic were huge when I was in high school, but I kinda dismissed the band because I hated Shiny Happy People. Plus, I listened to a lot of garbage back then. And I was stupid.

Monster was the album that got me to give them another chance. I re-listened to Green, Out of Time, and Automatic, and then became completely obsessed with their entire IRS catalog for a good four of five years.

They're my favorite band. I saw them a twice on the Monster Tour, and then three times while they were supporting Up (an album for which I have a huge soft spot).

So yes. Guys. Do an R.E.M. podcast.

• Like 1

I remember having this very personal connection to REM, even if it was in a kind of superficial manner, as tweens are wont to have towards music. Growing up Catholic (which I still am), I identified very viscerally with the kind of imagery in the "Losing My Religion" video, but I also had the experience of getting called "faggot" or whatever by the other kids every time I went to Catechism classes after church. So the lyrics to that song, even if it wasn't literally about having trouble with Christianity or the religion you grew up with, related to me on a very personal level. So with that experience, even though I was straight and dealing with totally different issues, I could also identify strangely with Michael Stipe because people constantly criticized him for his appearance or accused him of being HIV-positive and hiding it because he was/is skinny, pale, and bald.

My sister and I used to jokingly refer to this band as R.B.M i.e Rectal Bowel Movement.

Knowing Adam Scott's fandom, I'd love to hear an R.E.M. podcast. Hopefully, he can fill the audience in on things like:

What town they're from

How many band members there are

Band member names

Some of their songs we may have heard

Hell, I'd be happy just to know when Adam first heard of R.E.M.

Hell, I'd be happy just to know when Adam first heard of R.E.M.

I'd be even happier if they spent an hour just asking Paul F. Tompkins when he first heard of REM.

• Like 1