🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
comeau1337

Scene Break-downs?

Hey Matt,

I love listening to the show, every week has me laughing harder. As a starting improviser and someone whose read the UCB improv manual (awesome!) I was wondering if there's any place in the show for discussing improv itself. I would love it if after one scene per show, you and the other improvisers could talk, similarly to a workshop, about what worked / the game / other possible moves or just general thoughts about the scene.

I realize that to make the show appealing to both improvisers and non-improvisers its probably better to make the show less 'inside' but I think a short part after a segment wouldn't detract from non performers, and in fact might make listening to the magic a little more insightful!

I love how many talented improvisers that show up for the program and it'd be great to see into their minds a bit about how they perform and play in improv. If there's a place in I4H for this, i'd love to hear it! I'm living in Boston, so hearing you all talk shop is something hard for me to get otherwise!

Thanks for reading,

Kyle Comeau

I like this idea. I think it would work well as part of the bonus cut material that sometimes drops on Tuesdays. Although I don't think it would work with the music episodes because they often analyse the song before they initiate and if they did both they would be cutting into scene time. Just my thoughts, but a little work-shopping would be interesting for me to listen to.

yeah that would be great for a bonus ep

Sort of along those lines, they actually did an episode that was really great where Matt gave some notes to up and coming UCB Harold teams. But it would be really great to see more! It really gave me even more respect for improvisers to see just how much thought and training goes into creating a great scene.

http://www.earwolf.c...-ask-the-ucb-2/

Sign in to follow this