🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 135 — Ute of the Butte

Wake up sleepy head and tune into Jason Mantzoukas, Jessica St. Clair, and Lennon Parham as they throw on the cans for an improv4humans with Matt Besser that will make you say the Kool-Aid man’s famous catchphrase! Listen as they look into the life of a married couple who are partners in the police force, investigate the Kool-Aid man murders, and participate in a NFL style prom draft. Plus, everyone tries to help Jessica face her fears of the 1991 thriller The Silence of the Lambs. Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com! Check out improv4humans with Matt Besser LIVE at the Blue Whale Comedy Festival in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday, June 14th!

• Like 1

I've been waiting for this episode for forever. Please don't let as much time elapse before getting this group together again.

I'd love to see Jason and Jessica more often too (and Lennon is obviously always a treat.)

• Like 5

i vote now that the kool-aid man scene goes into the next best of or all of this ep

• Like 3

Dream cast!

if only zach woods could have been there for a full skinny business reunion

• Like 4

Haven't listened yet, but just had to come to the forums to say OH GOD YES! Love this crew!

I knew we were off to a good start with Lennon's "Matt, I love it when you take me on a surprise vacation."

And a great ending, if only the X-Files were indeed back on TV.

• Like 2

IN TEARS!!! The Kool-Aid Man sketch was so insane, but then...Silence of the Lambs....I can't take it. I can't take IIIITTTTTTTT!!!!

• Like 1

Zouks losing it during the Kool Aid Man sketch during the hobo part almost made me stand up and applaud.

• Like 5

FUCK IT THAT SILENCE OF THE LAMBS SKIT HAD ME LIKE

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

Five star classic episode.

• Like 2

• FUCK FUCKING YES

The original with these 3 humans (FBT = Fecal Blow Through & Marjorie) is one of my favorite eps of this podcast. Haven't listened yet, cannot wait.

• Like 1

Jessica: "Jason called me, saying "I got to get out of here!"

Jason: "That literally never happened."

• Like 2

Oh my God. Heaven IS for real.

"We found some red shoes, and a diary."

• Like 2

Loved this episode. Love Parham, St. Clair and of course the Zouks. Quick question to anyone who may know the answer: When Jason says he knows where the scene is going with the teen runaway Kool-Aid man and the hobos, was he saying that it was leading to some sort of scene from a tv show or film and that he was getting the reference? If that is the case, does anyone know what they were referencing?

Jessica's fear of scary things and the resulting scene really hit home for me. As a child I had horror movie baseball cards with all sorts of scary movie mainstays on them, but I never watched any of the films (and of course my parents would not let me) until I finally decided to in my mid-20's and watched Nightmare on Elm Street and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I still have never seen any Friday the 13th films, Halloween, Child's Play, Hellraiser, etc etc. I was so scared of scary things that I didn't really enjoy the Simpsons Tree House of Horror episodes, and there was a Halloween-inspired episode of Chris Elliot's Get A Life where his home is haunted, and a face appears in the wall and bellows scary lines and I COULD. NOT. HANDLE IT. There was also that SNICK show Are You Afraid of the Dark? and I could not watch it because the answer to that question was YES YES I AM VERY AFRAID OF THE DARK.

OH! And Silence of the Lambs! I've still never seen that whole movie. I've seen all of the Buffalo Bill stuff (Great big fat person, yippie dog, gets the hose, tucking his goods between his legs etc), Lector's escape with the aforementioned elevator, and the night vision goggles ending, and that's it.

I really enjoyed this discussion of Jessica's fears and the way she is obsessed with them by having her friends describe the plots of these things to her. The scene that came out of it really gripped me, because at times it felt like Jessica was being a completely game improvisor playing a character, but then would start getting very upset with the scene as everyone else danced around her real fears. It was SUPER-compelling to listen to for this reason.

• Like 2

At 28:34 when they are talking about car crashes Lennon says: "I got rear ended pretty hard" and then starts giggling, no one really commented on it. I don't know why but I found that so funny but if you weren't listening for a second you could have totally missed it.

• Like 1

Of course this great episode warrants a re-listen of the first St. Clair/Parham/Mantzoukas episode.

"THERE AIN'T NO FISH AT THE PHISH SHOW!"

Sign in to follow this