🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Swarlito

Any HDTGM Movies that you consider good?

Not so-bad-it's-good but legitimately good and enjoyable. Or at least not as bad as everyone says.

• Like 1

I watched The Last Airbender recently, and it didn't seem as mind-blowingly awful as I was led to expect. In fact at certain parts I found myself enjoying it a little bit.

Is there something wrong with me?

• Like 1

Multiple viewings of The Last Airbender have made me like it more but....it's pretty awful. I think it's the acting more than anything. And the directing. And the writing.

Fast and the Furious movies are legitimately enjoyable. Some of the 80s movies they have done are ones that I view through nostalgic glasses, but beyond that it is mostly garbage.

I will say that I wanted to hate the Green Lantern more than I actually did. It wasn't a good movie, but it was way more watchable than the preview led me to believe.

• Like 1

The Fast & Furious films, Mortal Kombat, Punisher: Warzone and... yeah I guess I admit it, I actually like Hudson Hawk.

• Like 2

Oh yeah and Roadhouse of course. And also I genuinely think the Super Mario Bros movie had some really interesting ideas and was a lot of fun. If it was just a movie called Dinoland or something with no connection to the game and no attempts to shoehorn the Mario Bros franchise in it, I think it could have been really good.

• Like 3

I honestly LOVE the Street Fighter movie and cannot for the life of me find anything bad about it.

I would like to renew SpiceGate 2013 and say I legitimately enjoy Spice World

• Like 1

when I was a kid I used to watch the Street Fighter movie about twice a day... so if I revisited it, I'd probably enjoy every single second of that nonsense.

also I have a very vivid memory of seeing the Spice Girls on SNL and for whatever reason, my poorly-formed 7 year-old brain loved what it saw. this spawned a couple years of collecting Spice Girls "action figures" (otherwise known as dolls) and even hours upon hours playing the Spice World game on Playstation... luckily I had a little sister I could blame it on when I had friends over. I'm sure watching it again would bring back some fond memories, despite how the movie might have aged.

in other words, "good" is a very fluid term when it comes to movies... especially in the 90's.

I really like Jason Statham movies and up till "In The name of the king" I didn't think there was such a thing as a bad Jason Statham movie but I did enjoy Crank2 : High Voltage and also the very lovely Bai Ling. shes a delicate little flower.

9qwy95.jpg

Forgot about Cobra and demolition man, I have Demoliton Man on laser disc and it still works. Punisher: War Zone was a good movie I would of never watched if it wasn't for HDTGM and I enjoyed the movie and the show.. I love Road house that was a great movie and podcast.i like the podcast's that featured good movies in them. even if we don't really think of them as bad movies but are just have some bad story telling elements to them.

I actually really liked Devil's Advocate and think Al Pacino makes a good devil. And Keanu is always Keanu. No expectation of good, just forgiveness for him when he ends up in good movies like the Matrix and doesn't wreck them. Actually, I like to play a game with every movie he's in called "find the Ted moment"

Matrix : "Woooah….."

Point Break: "You gotta go Down, Bodie!"

Devil's Advocate:….?

But anyway, even though I like that movie, this is one of my HDTGM top favorite episodes. And I can't argue with a single thing they call out and can't get enough of Pacino impressions. Nailed it! Hilarity:)

I agree, I also loved The Devils Advocate, terrifically barking mad.

Thanks to the podcast I watched Crank 2, and loved it in all it's insane glory, Bai Ling notwithstanding.... I particularly enjoyed Chester from Linkin Park.

I probably shouldn't admit it but I kind of enjoyed Spice World. I know the world they exist in, in the movie, is crazy and devoid of reality, the inside of their tour bus for instance. However I was able to suspend reality and just view it like a non-animated cartoon.

I also love all the Ernest movies and while Ernest Goes To Jail in not my favorite I did truly enjoy the movie.

• Like 1

I really like Toys. I don't own it or anything, but I watch it when I happen upon it. I think I remember thinking at one point, "Oh Paul, what happened to you? What is it that made you dead inside?"

I truly think Halloween III: Season of the Witch is good movie. The accents, yeah, weird...but did you see those kids turn into just piles of bugs? The theme song, the plot, the bug piles, it's just great. I'm a big horror fan though, so there are things that I forgive in a movie that perhaps others don't. Bad acting & gratuitous anything, for example.

I also enjoy Sleepaway Camp, but I'm willing to admit that it isn't actually all that good up until the last 2 minutes. The big reveal makes it all worth it, though!

I also really love the Devil's Advocate, Keanu not-withstanding. It's just super dark for a major Hollywood picture & yeah, I think Pacino makes a great devil.

I'm going to go with Devil's Advocate also, it's one of the few "bad" movies they've covered (i.e. not Crank or other great but crazy movies) that I actually have watched and enjoyed many times and probably will again, I know it's crazy but i love it. maybe I'm just a sucker for movies about the devil

It's been years since I've actually watched it beginning-to-end, but I remember enjoying the hell out of Hudson Hawk. I always felt that it was a Looney Tunes movie. Even the protagonist's name is alliterative like a Warner cartoon character.

Then again, my memory may be waaaaaay off...

I'd watched Drive Angry on the back of this Podcast having never seen it, and actually really enjoyed it.

The Fast and the Furious franchise.

I can't believe that there was ever a time when I thought I was too good for these movies. What a fool I have been. Because of HDTGM, not only am I hooked on these films, but so is my wife. We can't wait for No. 7 to come out.

• Like 1

So to pull the curtain back a little too far, my wife and I have been having difficulty having children so when I saw the Odd Life of Timothy Green it pushed the right buttons on me and actually made me cry like a little girl.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this