🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Change Your eBay Password

Recommendation episodes for new listeners.

Hey forums, long time, first time.

Unfortunately out of my group of friends I am the only avid CBB listener/watcher and I've been trying to compile a list of the top of the top, the best of the best to really WOW them into sharing this hobby hobby with me.

Currently I have:

1. Time Bobby (The Threequel)
  2. The Gillian Jacobs and Garry Marshall episodes
  3. Poehler Ice Caps
  4. #TheWorldsEnd
  5. Murderer Heaven
  6. Two Thumbs & Not Much Else
  7. 4th Anniversary show, baby!

What other episodes have you recommended to first time listeners?

The 2009 Christmas special is great - Doug Benson, PFT, Jon Hamm and Nick Kroll having a fantastic and festive time!

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but for me, the Best of 2013 episodes were a good place to start. For me.

I thought about them too, actually, very good call.

Episode 98

A Worthy Uhhh

http://www.earwolf.c.../a-worthy-uhhh/

Listened to that episode there, incredibly funny. I love Adomain and Scott and Scott.

The 2009 Christmas special is great - Doug Benson, PFT, Jon Hamm and Nick Kroll having a fantastic and festive time!

Don't really care Doug Benson's podcasts but the rest of that list is drawing me in. May give it a listen later.

It depends on what your friends like. I've been catering the episodes I recommend to what they like.

For my friend that is a community fan I recommended the Gillian Jacobs episodes and the one Alison Brie episode. Then I told them to span outward to Andy Daly/ PFT episodes.

For my friend that is really into musicals, I recommended "two thumbs and not much else" episode and "a worthy uhhh" (for weird theatricality if James Adomian). Then I recommended expanding outwards to Adomian/PFT

Episode 80 with Adam Scott, Ice T, Jesse Ventura (and Huell Howser).

• Like 1

"Series Regulars" featuring Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland. With Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, and Lizzy Caplan. Episode #174 (2012).

I liked the movie she's hyping, "Bachlorette," too.

I think the Calvins Brothers episode is a really great introductory episode that shows off what makes the show unique. In the old AV Club article where Scott picked his favorite episodes, he discusses how the show hit its stride when he figured out that his role as interviewer was to sidetrack an improviser rather than setting them up for bits, challenging them to keep the backstory consistent. This episode really highlights how much comedy you can wring from that technique, and Scott's at the top of his game.

It's also hilarious. There's a reason they played it pretty much verbatim on the TV show. I mean, you gotta laugh.

• Like 3

I love all of Tim Heidecker's episodes. My favorite one with him is Repeat your Keyword.

Can't go wrong with Lauren Lapkus either. Her Todd character is hilarious, but my favorite with her is when she plays Regina Crimp. Playing the person who's ticket to fame is being the theme song singer for the America's Funniest Home Videos is just so oddly specific and her constantly breaking character laughing is hilarious and on par with a distant PFT laughing in the background.

• Like 1

Murderer Heaven, omg. Anything with the Ghost of Richard Harrow has been nothing but amazing.

I think the Calvins Brothers episode is a really great introductory episode that shows off what makes the show unique. In the old AV Club article where Scott picked his favorite episodes, he discusses how the show hit its stride when he figured out that his role as interviewer was to sidetrack an improviser rather than setting them up for bits, challenging them to keep the backstory consistent. This episode really highlights how much comedy you can wring from that technique, and Scott's at the top of his game.

It's also hilarious. There's a reason they played it pretty much verbatim on the TV show. I mean, you gotta laugh.

As a horsefighting man I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Sign in to follow this