🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 289 — The Exorcism of Cake Boss

So happy HR Giger was finally on CBB, especially after his untimely death. I had a varicose colored mood cloud over me hearing about his passing and hoping Gourley would never give this character up.

• Like 2

Half past a monkey's ass got me so hard.

What you do in the bedroom is your business.

• Like 2

I live in Japan which is a country not big on public displays of any emotion and not really familiar with what a podcast is. That didn't stop me from clearing a train car with my uncontrollable laughter at this episode.

I assume everybody did, but if not you must listen to the "Travel Bug" episode of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project, for more Gourley and PFT goodness. Please more Matt Gourley on CBB! Maybe Cake Boss (cake boss) could channel Ian Flemming next time...

Also out of curiosity does anybody know if PFT is still a Marvel zombie? I wonder what his thinks about Uatu being killed in Original Sin.

• Like 4

Was PFT doing a Winnie the Pooh voice for his reverend character, or was it some other reference I didn't pick up on?

Pooh Bear mixed with a little Walter Brennan.

The sky is blue, PFT is a genius.

• Like 1

Ghost POV song - Kate Bush's Houdini

(Partial Houdini-ghost POV, anyway.)

Ghost POV song: All songs by the Grateful Dead - (it's in their name)

"…and one, uh, of a lady just getting fucked in half with something that looks like a vacuum hose…"

PFT starts to crack

"…and he says, 'That'll do, pig'…"

PFT erupts in background laughter

I have surely listened to that part at least a dozen times by now.

This episode is a lock for the end of the year honors and will challenge the Time Bobby throne.

• Like 3

"…it brings out…the angels in me, and I don't like--not the demons--do you see how I'm an opposite guy?"

"Yes, I understand your game."

• Like 4

When Paul said "technicality no down boo over" without even missing a beat I about killed myself because I realized that nothing anyone will say will ever be funnier than that.

• Like 1

I can also officially say that the Reverend Robert Parsimone is now my favorite PFT character. A nervous, but well-meaning exorcist who is very comfortable on mic and is down to play games even if it means delaying the exorcism he is there to perform.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing this, Must Turd. I've been looking for Gourley's commercials online. I don't get these in my region, I guess.

Gourley mentioned another volkswagen commercial where he fits himself into a trunk. Anyone have a link to this?

fedzz7.jpgfits in a sock

This deserves to be reposted. Incredibly well done. Bravo!

• Like 7

So I guess I'm going to be the only one who points out the fact that this entire podacst was an EXACT COPY OF THE MOVIE "THE EXORCIST"?

Don't bury your heads in the sand! Face the truth!

(Of course, the truth is - it was an amazing podcast! Absolutely fantastic!)

With the increasing instances of guests breaking out into short song snippets, It feels like we're inching incrementally closer to that all-singing episode of Bing Bong to finally happen, and I can't wait til we hit that event horizon.

• Like 2

This is a lock for top 10 easily. I echo more Gourley. Chemistry here was insane.

Also, I love half drunk Scott.

Also, I hope that we eventually can have a supercut of every PFT character saying: "Technicality no down boo over?"

• Like 1