🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77 — Into the Woods

So, I've noticed that Dag hasn't been adding his strength bonus to his damage or adjusting his attack roll. Also if I'm not mistaken he is using a 2 handed axe which is 2d8 damage not 1d8. I'm not a huge rule nazi, but they are screwing themselves out of juicy damage!

That's correct. There is no saving throw, and they "unerringly strike their target."

There are some exceptions though, like if you are attacking somebody protected by a shield spell. Also not sure if this applies to 2nd edition, but what about spell resistance. Is that a thing in this rule set?

So, I've noticed that Dag hasn't been adding his strength bonus to his damage or adjusting his attack roll. Also if I'm not mistaken he is using a 2 handed axe which is 2d8 damage not 1d8. I'm not a huge rule nazi, but they are screwing themselves out of juicy damage!

They have been skipping adding bonuses since the start of the show, why change now? haha

I think it's just a standard battle-axe not 2-H, but not sure.

Yeah I'm all for just ignoring any rules "mistakes" they make but when the show intro says they've "been playing over a decade", that really makes me wonder how they don't seem to know some of the simplest mechanics of the game. Of course I listen for the banter not the game play anyway.

Sign in to follow this