🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182 — Gandalf Vs. Snape

i think you people are being overly vicious... i thought armen was great :mellow:

• Like 2

i think the worst part of Armen is that he tries to deny that he's just some overprivileged rich kid who has never had to work for anything. he basically is exactly his character in Burning Love. his dad was Michael Jackson's lawyer for fuck's sake. if you listen to the first episode he was on with Scott and Kulap he is reluctant to acknowledge his family, his father, and his staggering amount of privilege. the idea that he is going to be given free classes is just insulting to anyone who has ever had to pay for anything considering that he is never going to have to work a day in his life.

haha this was the first ep i EVER HEARD!!

I came back to read all of the comments, whoooooo boyyyy

Growing up in Los Angeles, I've been surrounded by guys just like Armin, he comes from money and probably really DOES have a comedic voice, but he also has a rich-ass childhood and privelege that negate & make you want to just chalk up any of their successes to "oh he's just a rich bitch, raised by maids". ......so the above comment ^ kind of rings true. i immediately do not want to like him. I still am not into him for the cohost job, but I bet he does some good stuff on stage.I think he's got to have SOME talent to have such great comments from Ku and Matt Besser, though!! He didn't just stumble into where he is, at least not completely, that's absurd., BUT it's still sort of like.....whatthefuck? I can't afford 400$ classes at UCB, and HE can?!? Fuck it, that's life. nobody cares, work harder, this is L.A, someone will always be richer than you, that doesn't make them funnier than you......Blaming fame on money is for suckers.

This is my first listen to an Armen episode, Besser really made it worthwhile. I love how he ribs people, you can tell it comes from a good place, and its quite entertaining to me when he does it. I'm not sure how much I'll like the other Armen episodes, but I'll give them a shot.