🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182 — Gandalf Vs. Snape

Armen is supposed to be a "trained improviser," right? From the UCB? So why does he seem like some dude they just pulled in off the street?

it's because he's a terrible comedian.

• Like 2

Listening to UTU2TM, I noticed that Todd Glass also does not like to shit on stuff, a la Armen. I can appreciate that.

• Like 3

Armen might fit with a different podcast. He does not work for me. Just ruins the flow and his stammering uncertainty is just horrible to listen to.

I'd like Kulap to have a couple-person rotation like Howard does, where she can have a few replacement How-Hows (hopefully non-Armen ones).

The listeners do not care about this worthless piece of shit who obiviously scores drugs for the EW crew and his dad is the president of hollywood. No redeeming qualities at all. Just GARBAGE.

• Like 1

Welp, that was hilarious. I can honestly say these Armen episodes were unlike anything I've heard on a podcast before.

A podcast with Armen and Brody Stevens would be pretty insane.

• Like 1

Listening to UTU2TM, I noticed that Todd Glass also does not like to shit on stuff, a la Armen. I can appreciate that.

They should have a podcast where they listen to different music and talk about how it's not for them but they can't judge

• Like 2

Welp, that was hilarious. I can honestly say these Armen episodes were unlike anything I've heard on a podcast before.

A podcast with Armen and Brody Stevens would be pretty insane.

Oh god, make that happen.

I really love almost all the guest host episodes. I'm very much excited to see Howard return next week, but I like changing up the format a bit. (Also a big fan of unsualTwooches.)

Just an observation:

I think it's fine to be critical of someone.

I think you can say, "I really don't like this" or "I just don't like him as host."

But reading comments that call Armen worthless, or a piece of shit or whatever - a guy whose "crime" here is TEMPORARILY guest-hosting a FREE podcast with people who are his friends... and because you don't happen to like his style - that seems far from the vibe and spirit I think is part of Who Charted.

I haven't loved all the guest host episodes. I haven't been particularly critical of the shows either. I get the criticisms and some of the comments. I just think some seem a little extreme.

Just sayin' is all.

• Like 11

I'm liking the shirt choices this episode across the board. Armen should take Matt up on those classes and document the whole thing - flip his "Darkest hour" into something positive and play off the tension with Besser. if it's a monumental failiure, he will get a great material out of it, and if it's sucessfull he'll have redeemed himself in the eyes of someone he respects.

• Like 2

Armen is supposed to be a "trained improviser," right? From the UCB? So why does he seem like some dude they just pulled in off the street?

I think he fell asleep during class alot, atleast that's how I like to rationalize it.

Armen is the Roy Hibbert of comedy...laying goose eggs all over the place.

00db493760f7b429a7bb4dd9e0b0b90e_crop_north.png?w=500&h=333&q=75

• Like 1

I'm liking the shirt choices this episode across the board. Armen should take Matt up on those classes and document the whole thing - flip his "Darkest hour" into something positive and play off the tension with Besser. if it's a monumental failiure, he will get a great material out of it, and if it's sucessfull he'll have redeemed himself in the eyes of someone he respects.

That's a pretty genius idea. I hope he reads this and does just that.

Just an observation:

I think it's fine to be critical of someone.

I think you can say, "I really don't like this" or "I just don't like him as host."

But reading comments that call Armen worthless, or a piece of shit or whatever - a guy whose "crime" here is TEMPORARILY guest-hosting a FREE podcast with people who are his friends... and because you don't happen to like his style - that seems far from the vibe and spirit I think is part of Who Charted.

I haven't loved all the guest host episodes. I haven't been particularly critical of the shows either. I get the criticisms and some of the comments. I just think some seem a little extreme.

Just sayin' is all.

Agreed, some people are just being complete assholes

Comments like this

The listeners do not care about this worthless piece of shit who obiviously scores drugs for the EW crew and his dad is the president of hollywood. No redeeming qualities at all. Just GARBAGE.

make you seem like a real piece of shit, what did Armen ever do to you that made you so angry? Did he fuck your girlfriend or something? Seriously, if a host you don't like on a free podcast makes you that angry that you get that personal then you should probably look into yourself a little bit

• Like 6

Armen deserved a spanking on this show to be sure, but please know that the guy is a hilarious comedian. He has one thing that it takes most comedians years to develop and that is his brand. He knows what makes him funny and where to fit in a comedy. Please enjoy his work in our series Inside the Master Class. http://www.ucbcomedy.com/media/46

• Like 11

Armen deserved a spanking on this show to be sure, but please know that the guy is a hilarious comedian. He has one thing that it takes most comedians years to develop and that is his brand. He knows what makes him funny and where to fit in a comedy. Please enjoy his work in our series Inside the Master Class. http://www.ucbcomedy.com/media/46

Watched Inside The Master Class a few years ago, loved it

Agreed, some people are just being complete assholes

Comments like this

make you seem like a real piece of shit, what did Armen ever do to you that made you so angry? Did he fuck your girlfriend or something? Seriously, if a host you don't like on a free podcast makes you that angry that you get that personal then you should probably look into yourself a little bit

By "some" people, you mean ONE PERSON. Everyone is just saying he's terribly boring and unfunny.

And you have to give Sgt. Bunny a pass, I have it on good authority that Armen had sex with his girlfriend, mother, and cousin...at the same time...and gave them herpes to boot!

i think the worst part of Armen is that he tries to deny that he's just some overprivileged rich kid who has never had to work for anything. he basically is exactly his character in Burning Love. his dad was Michael Jackson's lawyer for fuck's sake. if you listen to the first episode he was on with Scott and Kulap he is reluctant to acknowledge his family, his father, and his staggering amount of privilege. the idea that he is going to be given free classes is just insulting to anyone who has ever had to pay for anything considering that he is never going to have to work a day in his life.

• Like 3

I'm excited for next week's guest!!! Stephanie Allynne!!

Andy DeYoung -- Take a Knee

• Like 1

Listening to Armen and Besser like that Avicii track but hate on Disclosure made me furious lol

great episode

I usually don't like when Besser bullies people but when it's towards the most annoying guy in podcast history i'm totally on board. :D

• Like 2

I am glad that this is Armen's last show. His "look how awkward I am" shtick gets thin very quickly for me. I'm not getting much depth in his "comedy." All I can hear are the crutches he goes to over and over again. I just found his performance unfunny and uninteresting.

Armen seemed more articulate and focused when he had a few seconds (or more) to gather his thoughts about whatever. Shit off the top of his head though, forget about it. Maybe improv isn't his thing. Yet. I much liked that Besser was pushing him to explain his fragmented nonsense because that helped me realize that Armen should be doing more prepared stuff.

so he HAS taken a ucb course.