🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

I hadn't listened to today's CBB when I read/posted this, but now the timing seems really amazing given that Scott really dug in on Staind today after laying off it for a while.

This episode's energy is so great. Choruses of "'Sbeenawhyyyle" coming out whenever

The moment where Todd steps all over the Scotts doing one of their rewind-to-check-the-tape bits with his concern that they're going to make fun of him for not knowing the name of "Downeaster Alexa" is so insanely unhinged and chaotic. I love it.

Scott and Scott talking music to each other and to another comic is just comedy gold. A whole series of "Slowed Down Eternal" episodes would be an asset to the human race.

Great collab, guys!

• Like 2

This is a top 5 episode in all of podcastdom. I've listened to it at least 10 times.

I laughed just as hard at "snowcones?" as Todd did. I even know where I was when I heard it.

God damn, I'm laughing just thinking about it.

• Like 1

The only thing in my safe deposit box is a thumb drive with this episode on it.

• Like 6

Seeing this episode on the front page almost gave me a fuckin heart attack thinking we'd get a Staind Glass part 2. Fuck. My favorite episode from my favorite podcast series...

Wonder if they'll revive it. Get Glass on again and/or maybe their wives for an episode.

• Like 4

Jesus I saw this last night and felt my heart go into my throat wondering why they were re-releasing it. Very glad Todd Glass is still alive! Given the entertainment industry this last month, one can't be too sure.

• Like 1

I keep on having this thought that somehow someway, there were VPN cameras in the studio that day, and someday we will get a video version of Staind Glass. This is likely the funniest earwolf podcast ever recorded, so I'm glad they're front page featuring it, but they need to have some sort of attention getting writing on the banner that says "IF YOU HAVENT LISTENED TO THIS PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR"

I recently watched "Sleeping With Other People" which had Adam Scott in a strange serious/creepy role, in one of his first scenes he says "It's Been Awhile" and in my head I thought he must have gotten a chuckle or two out of that line or just did one take where he gave it that trademark flourish

• Like 2

#1 with a bullet

I look at Adam Scott's Hawaiian shirt and I just think "Wipeout! Nah-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na!"

That's a U2 song, right?

• Like 1

why is this on the front page? What does it mean? Also, U2 expect to release 'songs of experience' sometime this year, so, scotts, the ball is in your court.

• Like 1

why is this on the front page? What does it mean?

Not that I'm at all complaining, because this is probably one of my two favorite podcast episodes ever, along with The Todd Glass Show #153 with PFT. But yes, I am confuzzled and wondering the same thing.

I'm an avid Todd Glass Show listener, and I regularly check his website to see his tour dates, and for the longest time there was nothing even close to me here in Tucson, until one day, new dates showed up, and he was going to be in Tempe, two hours away ON. MY. FUCKING. BIRTHDAY. Tickets bought immediately. He was amazing. I fucking adore that man. To George Carlin.

• Like 1

Lol I saw this on the front page and for a milisecond got incredibly excited thinking they'd done a sequel or something

I hope this isn't just a bug, isn't just a (worthy) sort of re-release and promotion of one of the all-time best podcast episodes of all time, but is instead a tease for something Nu2Me.

• Like 2

I'm glad that this got bumped, I listened to it again for like the 5th time now and it was still super amazing

• Like 1

It's featured on this episode of This American Life (at 54:40), which seems the most likely reason for its front page resurgence. I had forgotten how funny the moment they highlight was. Brilliance.

Yep, exactly this. I was gonna tell y'all this when you first asked why it was up there on Friday, but there was still a chance the clip would be cut so I didn't want to present any false hope.

But now that it's official, listen to TAL and then listen to Stain'd Glass again! Perfect combo.

Does TAL typically play excerpts from 2-year-old podcasts with little to no connection to the rest of the episode's content?

• Like 1

Still waiting for Todds karaoke cover of 'outside'

Why am I listening to this again!?

I'm going to see Oh Hello in Boston tonight, so I should be listening to George and Gil, but here I am on probably my 15th listening of the first half of this podcast

The moment where the Scotts set up their classic rewind-the-tape bit and it gets steamrolled by Todd Glass screaming for 3 minutes about not-knowing-the-title-to-Downeaster-Alexa-so-fuck-you to the Scott's bewildered bemusement is so, so, so good.

• Like 2