🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

It’s been awhile but finally comedian extraordinaire Todd Glass joins Adam Scott Aukerman for the debut of Staind Glass, the podcast where Todd Glass discusses the metal band Staind. Before diving into Staind’s album Break the Cycle, Todd plays a game where he has to figure out if he’s listening to a U2 song or not. Plus, the guys talk about the best wedding experience, night 2 of Hollywood Joel, and the use of reverb.

• Like 2

The planets have aligned.

Edit: this was exactly as awesome as I thought it would be. Well done guys.

• Like 7

I think this is the first episode I've listened to where I'm more sleep deprived than the Scotts.

I can't wait to see the fan art for What's Your Fuck Style?

• Like 6

U.

Magnificent.

Bastrds.

• Like 4

I wonder if Todd will mention spanking kids? I just started it and he's already mentioned jiggling nuts in your hand. That said, Todd's one of my favorites. "The stewardess says get on the plane, fuck that, I'm getting IN the plane. Okay, George, we get it."

...thaaank you.

• Like 2

Dear Magna Carta, Sliced Bread, Fire, The Wheel, and Electricity:

This podcast is now officially the greatest development in the history of humanity. Fuck you.

Sincerely,

Everyone

• Like 13

I was elated to hear the return of You Poppin' My Stones?

Then they introduced us to What's Your Fuck Style? Amazing.

• Like 6

Awesome. Next do "Yo talking Yo La Tengo to me"

• Like 6

Just started listening. Another sequel Adam's been in (along with Hot Tub Time Machine 2) would be Hellraiser: Bloodline.

Also, U2 bros, please steal my "30 Seconds to Sklars" podcast idea.

• Like 10

Awesome. Next do "Yo talking Yo La Tengo to Yo"

great! but fixored...

• Like 4

Hour 2 Update: So, so appreciative when they cut off Staind's music to open up an episode of I Love Films, followed by a second episode of You Poppin' My Stones?

Scott: "For me, this sucks." Brilliant.

• Like 3

Okay I'm only 35 minutes in, but honest question --is Todd seriously a comedian? I've never listened to his stuff but so far on here he's not responding to any of Scott's bits and he's answering everything with complete seriousness.

Maybe he'll get funnier as it goes on (hopefully).

Okay I'm only 35 minutes in, but honest question --is Todd seriously a comedian? I've never listened to his stuff but so far on here he's not responding to any of Scott's bits and he's answering everything with complete seriousness.

Todd's podcast is literally my favorite podcast in existence, but that being said, yes, he has major problems being a guest on other podcasts. It's not just this one. He's far too self-conscious and not nearly enough "off the cuff" with his statements.

• Like 2

If you're 35 minutes in, that means you've already heard the part where Todd says how he never reads comments or message boards relating to himself because he hates the negativity, then Scott says how glad he is that the community for this show had been so positive and supportive. And yet you still felt this would be an appropriate thing to say...

Well, I guess you proved Todd's advice right.

• Like 10

"I've never listened to anything but 35 minutes of a podcast unrelated to his comedy but i feel confident to say that one of the funniest most well respected comedians who's been doing stand up longer than i've been alive isn't funny, i just thought i'd tell all you people who actually know who he is my dumb thoughts"

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

go find some of his comedy and educate yourself you dunce

• Like 2

Reflexively, I almost full-on It's been a while'd my boss in a status meeting yesterday, but managed to pull back after It's be...

So yeah, thanks for that CBB.

• Like 9

In a way, a guy like Todd with almost no specific knowledge of music to contribute to the show is basically the perfect guest for U Talkin' U2 To Me.

Side note, I think I might be ruining Adam Scott's career one person at time by trying to recommend this show to people. I always start by saying, "You know Adam Scott from Parks and Rec?" and most of my friends do, so I've lured them in at that point with someone they're familiar with and enjoy. Then I proceed to try and explain the most batshit insane podcast ever created to them and how even though what I'm describing makes no fucking sense, it's the funniest thing I've ever heard, only to be met with blank stares. I need to stop trying to explain this show to people before I literally lose all of my friends.

• Like 9