🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

"I've never listened to anything but 35 minutes of a podcast unrelated to his comedy but i feel confident to say that one of the funniest most well respected comedians who's been doing stand up longer than i've been alive isn't funny, i just thought i'd tell all you people who actually know who he is my dumb thoughts"

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

go find some of his comedy and educate yourself you dunce

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think everything's going to be OK

• Like 14

This really was a fantastic episode. I was listening to it while out and about, and it caused me to laugh or snort out loud possibly more than any other episode has so far. I really enjoyed Todd's weird innocence about the tone of the show in general, and his concerns about Staind actually hearing any of his comments. I would happily listen to another 6 episodes. I was also quite worried that I might actually like Staind, having written them off entirely as total shit in the nu-metal era, but thankfully I was correct at the time and now.

• Like 4

I love that these guys are basically trapped into making one of the most entertaining things I've heard because of U2. It's the most I've ever liked U2, actually.

Also same-shirting it with Adam Scott right now.

• Like 5

If you're 35 minutes in, that means you've already heard the part where Todd says how he never reads comments or message boards relating to himself because he hates the negativity, then Scott says how glad he is that the community for this show had been so positive and supportive. And yet you still felt this would be an appropriate thing to say...

Well, I guess you proved Todd's advice right.

I was just confused because I thought he was a comedian and he was being pretty serious about his answers, which isn't necessarily a bad thing! It was just sort of unexpected.

• Like 1

Scott, do you have time for more podcasts about music with other people? They are my new favorite thing. Here are some suggestions:

Chicago with Jimmy Pardo

Prefab Sprout with Paul F tompkins

Boney M. With Jay Johnston

• Like 1

I saw the episode title and I...

tumblr_m7yie7CxDv1qazm8bo8_250.gif

As did I good sir. Time to strap in at work and try to hold back my laughter as I start this podcast.

Haven't listened yet (saving it for when I'm home from work), just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this happen! I'm already giving it a 10/10 :D

Are you playing "Is this song by U2?" to me?

Edit: How did I miss this? BTW, you win

Idea for a podcast: R U Playin' U2 2 Me? with Todd Glass.

FYI: A lot of high-end stereos from the 60's/70's actually had reverb knobs, so weirdos like Todd could spice up their Herman's Hermits records without the use of a PA.

• Like 3

Having to stop listening to this at work because I can't stop laughing at Todd trying to guess whether or not it's a U2 song.

• Like 3

This is a formal request for Scott and Scott to do a "U Talkin' U2 To Me?" themed episode on CBB TV.

Also, if this podcast is still around in December, the Scotts should do an episode devoted to discussion about Hot Tub Time Machine 2, since it's been hyped so much.

• Like 4

I had exactly the same "WOOAAHHHHHHH" reaction when that last song started. That was magical.

• Like 2

Maybe Todd is remembering the Buddy Holly song from it's appearance in Gummo. It was a pretty memorable.

My boss came over to my desk asking what I was freaking out about right around when Scott played the Cheers theme. That was so good uhhhhhhhhhhh earwolf podcasting.

• Like 1

so the amazing cameo at the end of "

" is...

Joe Piscopo

?

hmm. :mellow:

• Like 3

I have never heard the Choctaw cackle like that. Todd is like the Karl Pilkington to Scott's Gervais.

35971_Glass.jpg

• Like 22

Todd Glass trying to guess if a song was U2 or not and him explaining adding reverb to BIlly Joel holy shit i've never laughed so hard in my life. I get so sad thinking about how the end of this podcast is near. I wish Scott and Scott could keep it going forever.

Also hi Scott! (if you figured out how to find where the forums are)

• Like 3

That mama thing was awesome! One of podcastings finest moments.

• Like 1

I am so glad this finally happened! This is the best podcast out right now

Also same-shirting it with Adam Scott right now.

I saw these shirts in the store and thought no way are these coming back into style. Now... here we are. I'll be damned.