🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

Ugh I'm dying during this song ID game.

But even better is Todd saying "Play one of his songs"

• Like 2

"Scott & Todd" was a morning show in the NY area in the 1990s. It's obviously time to bring it back.

BTW, jesus christ do Scott (and Scott) ever need to come on The Todd Glass Show

• Like 4

Cleanliness spectrum of effects:

Reverb > Distortion (Todd)

Anything > Reverb (Scott)

Mama, help me get off of the roof...I'm...comin' down.

• Like 8

At 52:27, talking about Todd's musical taste, Scott says, and I quote "So you like little snatches here and there".

I cant believe nobody jumped on that.

That is all.

• Like 16

Scott's (not Scott) rapport with Todd is the kind you can only have with someone you have known forever. Amazing how much Todd gets to Scott. Im going to have to listen to this three or four times.

• Like 4

It's a shame no one had any idea that Brandon Boyd from Incubus is playing Jesus in the "arena rock spectacular" Jesus Christ: Superstar.

so the amazing cameo at the end of "

" is...

Joe Piscopo

?

hmm. :mellow:

They failed to mention the more famous cameo at the beginning of the video.

On a side note it appears that Billy Joel went to Martin Short's dance like Ed Grimley school for white dudes.

• Like 1

I woke up late today and i'm about 70% sure I'm dreaming this

• Like 11

Could you guys possibly talk about Liberty DeVitto wearing a wrist watch on his ankle on the inside sleeve to Billy Joel's Glass Houses?

Todd has never seen Star Wars? I don't believe for a second this guy's a homo.

I love Todd bringing in his crazy ideas about voice modulation into this. One of the best parts about the Todd Glass Show (podcast) is his obsession with reverb and the phone voice. Most of it makes very little sense, which is awesome, especially when PFT is on and calls him out on it.

Todd - "if you talk away from the microphone it sounds like you are in the past"

PFT - " WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT"

Also I think in the same episode PFT asks Todd why he plays the theme song EVERY episode and Todd gets sincerely worried that it's a mistake to play the theme song every episode. I think it's the one with PFT and Jen Kirkman. IF you've never listened before, that would be a great episode to start on.

http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/the-todd-glass-show-86-paul-f-tompkins-and-jen-kirkman/

Also the episode from last week also has PFT on it, and PFT's classic character "Juice Bar Genie" shows up, and is amazing, especially the very last segment. I was cleaning the dishes and literally almost fell over at the very end of that part. (skip to about an hour and 10 in to get to the silly part of the podcast. Todd usually says up top "I've got something serious to talk about, 20 minutes tops" then goes on for an hour)

Also, SCOTT IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE GET PFT TO BE JUICE BAR GENIE ON CBB

• Like 7

i fell asleep listening and woke up to the part where todd is being played songs. waking up confused straight into laughter is one of the best feelings ever. thank you to the boys from liverpool.

• Like 8

Ugh... I don't know if I can listen to them call Staind a "metal band" for 90 minutes...

• Like 3

amazing

• Like 1

when they were talking about Todd being a wedding planner, it fucking killed me...

"there's gonna be a drummer between you when you're saying your vows..."

"...and during the vows.... lotta reverb."

I'm only at the part where they're playing Todd songs.... and I can't stop laughing out loud! easily one of the best podcasts I've listened to this year.

• Like 3

Todd trying to guess which song was a U2 song may be my favorite moment from this podcast.

I wanted the song identification segment to never, ever end. Ever.

• Like 10

I don't remember laughing this hard during anything. Well done by all involved parties.

• Like 2

Also I think in the same episode PFT asks Todd why he plays the theme song EVERY episode and Todd gets sincerely worried that it's a mistake to play the theme song every episode. I think it's the one with PFT and Jen Kirkman. IF you've never listened before, that would be a great episode to start on.

This sounds absolutely hilarious. Listening to this next.

• Like 2

i'd listen to ep 30 of the todd glass show before doing the most recent one, the original juice bar genie was the best occurrence

• Like 1

I want to hear a reverb heavy show where Todd Glass plays Billy Joel at peoples homes. It could be called "Glass Houses".

• Like 8