🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

HEY SCOTT THIS IS WHERE THE MESSAGE BOARD IS

• Like 11

Since Scott will never read this I just want to say Scott is a turdburglar. Thanks turkeys.

• Like 2

Finally! "It's been a while!", "Iiiiiiiiit's been!" and "That's also true!". "It's been" is obviously from Barenaked Ladies and now thanks to this ep I know, "It's been a while" is a Staind song, but can anyone shed some light on the "That's also true" catchphrase? Is it from Tenacious D's song Kyle Quit The Band?

Let me in.

Finally! "It's been a while!", "Iiiiiiiiit's been!" and "That's also true!". "It's been" is obviously from Barenaked Ladies and now thanks to this ep I know, "It's been a while" is a Staind song, but can anyone shed some light on the "That's also true" catchphrase? Is it from Tenacious D's song Kyle Quit The Band?

Let me in.

"That's also true", I think developed, spontaneously during a PFT appearance on CBB.

"That's also true", I think developed, spontaneously during a PFT appearance on CBB.

It is definitely a reference to the line from the song "Kyle Quit the Band."

Couldn't split up Kato and Nash (That's true)

Couldn't split up Tango and Cash (That's also true!)

PFT, of course, played in Tenacious D's HBO show the role of the host/club manager where Tenacious D would often play. And (spoilers) in the Tenacious D movie he is Satan.

• Like 2

Scott and Scott jumping on "It's been around" and Scott's reaction to Todd's description of his house and parties had me laughing harder than I have in a very long time.

Ugh... I don't know if I can listen to them call Staind a "metal band" for 90 minutes...

Clearly you didn't actually listen to any significant amount of this episode. They referenced Staind as being a metal band maybe 3 times.

• Like 3

Ok, so the co-worker that I share a space with had to leave early today to go to the emergency room due to an illness. I truly hope she is ok, but goddamn if I'm not thankful that she left because I could not hold my laughter and tears back at the "Todd guesses which song is U2" game. I was really hoping Scott would play Staind or Barenaked Ladies during it though...

• Like 1

This is the one episode I was both waiting to happen and dreading it to happen cause I legitimately love Staind and all that kind of music that most comedians hate. That being said, Todd guessing U2 songs is one of the best things to happen to this show.

• Like 2

Todd Glass, required only 25 seconds listening to Staind to accurately recognize them as "complaining."

• Like 10

Staind has nearly 2.5 million likes on Facebook.

How is that possible in this day and age?

People who don't actually like music but want to press buttons on facebook and recognize them from JR high

I love Todd bringing in his crazy ideas about voice modulation into this. One of the best parts about the Todd Glass Show (podcast) is his obsession with reverb and the phone voice. Most of it makes very little sense, which is awesome, especially when PFT is on and calls him out on it.

Todd - "if you talk away from the microphone it sounds like you are in the past"

PFT - " WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT"

Also I think in the same episode PFT asks Todd why he plays the theme song EVERY episode and Todd gets sincerely worried that it's a mistake to play the theme song every episode. I think it's the one with PFT and Jen Kirkman. IF you've never listened before, that would be a great episode to start on.

http://www.nerdist.c...nd-jen-kirkman/

11:30 into this episode, and Todd requests "more reverb" on Jen and Paul's mics. I almost did a spit take.

• Like 2

I'm not a regular listener of Todd's podcast (the episode lengths give You Made It Weird a run for it's money) but every appearance by PFT, Adomian, Kindler, Kirkman, and Fogelnest, and Pepitone I listen to.

This is totally off topic, but if anyone wants to recommend any other good episodes, please do!

Scott and Scott jumping on "It's been around"

That was incredible. My hardest laugh was "My Life", because I wasn't expecting it at all. Second place - "It's B." "Like butthole!" I think I laughed out loud more at this episode than at any podcast since ADPPP. Todd repeatedly referring to U2 as "he" and his general obliviousness were so funny. I could have listened to this for 4 hours.

• Like 5

I'm not a regular listener of Todd's podcast (the episode lengths give You Made It Weird a run for it's money) but every appearance by PFT, Adomian, Kindler, Kirkman, and Fogelnest, and Pepitone I listen to.

Wow, that's pretty much my exact situation with his show, right down to the same list of guests.

• Like 1

Any episode with Rory scovel is worth listening to every second of. He is somehow even sillier than Todd.

• Like 6

I'm going back to give it another try after not loving it so much in the past.

But the newest episode with PFT is fucking four hours long!!!!

• Like 1

Having to stop listening to this at work because I can't stop laughing at Todd trying to guess whether or not it's a U2 song.

I was listening to this part in the car to kill time while one of my kids is at swimming and my 10-year old wanted to know why I was laughing so I played the whole bit for him. By the end we were both crying with laughter. One of my favorite parenting moments ever.

• Like 9

By the way, for those who aren't super familiar with Todd, this was Todd at his most relaxed and calm.

• Like 1

I fell over when they started playing TV theme songs.

I was really hoping for Magnum PI!

Another cool thing: Scott played the theme from Happy Days and they discussed the show a bunch. Then later, the song "Buddy Holly" which of course had the Happy Days-themed video. And continued the chain with an actual Buddy Holly song. Pretty rad. #Illuminati

(Edit) you guys are classy as hell for not pointing out that I mixed up the order of these songs.

• Like 2

I'm going back to give it another try after not loving it so much in the past.

But the newest episode with PFT is fucking four hours long!!!!

todd glass show is a real "depends on the guest" show. most of the earliest episodes were good regardless of guests but now todd kind of needs someone who can pull him out of his grooves

• Like 2

"This is... one of the greatest moments of my life" pretty much sums up how I felt this whole episode. I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard.

• Like 2